Parish Council‎ > ‎Agendas‎ > ‎

Agenda 6th December 2016

You are hereby summoned to attend the Parish Council Meeting of Oakley Parish Council onTuesday 6th December 2016 at 7.30pm in Oakley Village Hall. 

Please inform the Clerk if you are unable to attend. The meeting is open to all members of the public and the press. Residents are welcome to attend and can address the meeting during Public Question Time. 

As this is the last meeting before Christmas, complementary mince pies and mulled wine will be available by from 7:00pm

 

OPC

 

 

AGENDA

 

 

 

 

 

Public Session for Parishioners Questions

 

11.01 Present:
11.02 Apologies:
11.03 The minutes of the last meeting held Tuesday 1st November2016 to be verified and approved.
11.04 BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TFB):
i) Highway defects

All Highway defects are shown separately and will be displayed in the Notice Board and on Parish Council Website.

ii) Any new defects to be reported
iii) Meeting between Chairman and Local areaTechnician

David Smith has replied and cannot meet Chairman until April 2017

iiii) TFB Draft Safety Inspection Policy (end date for consultation is 26th December 2016)
v) Traffic calming / control in The Turnpike

Letter to be drafted

vi) Proposal for ‘the Birthplace of Edward Brooks V.C.’ on Oakley village signs.

Reply received from David Cairney.

vii) Over grown hedge at 45 Bicester Road

Letter sent 

11.05 Play Area/Playing Field:
i) Scout Hut Refurbishment:

Letter received from Wren re OPC payment to match the funding.

Parish Council to vote on authorising funding

ii) Use of Oakley Football Pitch by Long Crendon Football Club

Email received from LCFC with update

iii) Proposals for Oakley Tennis Court and Multi Use Games Area

Discussion on previous submissions and way forward to ensure Oakley keeps the 106 moneys.

iiii) Acorn Trail (footpath)

Update from Mr Cherry on quotations for drainage from Mr Morris and Mr Genever (see previous minutes – minute number 11.xx iii)

Update from Mr Mole on quotation for low level lighting from Mr Condon? (11.xx- iii)

v) Tractor shed base:

Update from Mr Mole on removal by Mr Daly of shed base.(11.xx iv)

vi) Grass Cutting Playing Field and around Village:

Clerk has emailed M Woodford asking for one cut but has not received a reply

Clerk and Mr Mole still need to get together to outline mowing areas. (11.xx vi)

vii) Floodlight telegraph pole:

Mr Cherry to organise the contractors when the new lighting is done. (11.xx vi)

viii) Children’s Play Area signs:

Update from clerk

ix) Dead tree in Play Area:

Update from Mr Cherry on conversation with Mr Durndell(11.xx vi)

11.06 Street Lights:
i) Outstanding defects or defects reported in the last month:

54 College Crescent – box lid to be fitted and light repair - reported

ii) Light audit / inspection

Inspection now complete – Clerk to report

Email received re changing of 35W lights to 24W 

iii) Any new street light defects to report

C2 light repair and box lid needs fixing back on - reported

11.07 Local Crime:

Oakley bowling club reported vandalism to wooden seats / fence

11.08 Report on Defibrillator for First Response

Update from Mrs Daly

11.09 Door Step Selling

Five signs have been orderedClerk to give update (11.11)

11.10 S106 Monies – funds for Oakley Village/Sports & Leisure

Scouting hut refurbishment - Update from Clerk who is waiting for quotations from Scout Group, since 106 moneys have been approved. (11.13)

11.11 Repair to Stiles  
i) Stile repair request in Sun Crescent
ii) Stile repair – Playing field – re email from J Edmonds
11.12 Protection of Common Land (Layby Bicester Road)

Clerk has reported Japanese Knotweed to Calvin Richardson but has not received a reply.

Letter was sent to Mr Paul Morgan re layby and clerk to report reply

11.13 Bench next to church “looking tired”

Update from Mr Cherry re Mr Finn’s information on plastic recycle benches. (11.16)

11.14 Bench in Oakley Village – proposed by Mr Keating

Waiting on Mr Genever to do the concrete base by Notice Board. (11.xx)

11.15 Speeding in village:

Update on village MVAS teams

Sentinel Speed Watch machine to be discussed – do we wish to take this further?

11.16 Ridgewick Green, Cherwell District Council Planning

Update from Mr Mole on status

11.17 Mr Salter – Mowing the Nap

Clerk has typed the letter re mowing of The Nap (11.20)

11.18 Road Signs in Oakley Village

Decision to be made on cleaning of the road signs and who will be asked to carry out the work

11.19 Meetings:
i) Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting

 

ii) Future Meetings:

AGM for BMKALC – Friday 11th November @ 7pm Judges Lodgings, Aylesbury

11.20 Correspondence (Papers to Circulate)

Aylesbury Vale Times

Bulletin 

 

 

11.21 Planning:

All Planning applications are now shown separately and each Councillor will receive a copy at every meeting.  This will also be put onto Notice Board and Parish Council Website.

Please Note:  Incorrectly positioned yellow notice(APP/01234/ALC) on Oakley Road, Brill – this should have been on Oakley Road, Worminghall.  This has been reported to the Planning Office and they have been asked to reposition in correct place and asked to “re-start the planning clock”.  Email sent on 29.11.2016

11.22 Planning Enforcement Officer:

Update from Clerk on position of Pergola in Sun Crescent garden.

11.23 Precept:

Mr Kilpin to report on 2017-2018 budget.

11.24 Accounts:
i) Monthly Cheques for February 2016: 

Clerks Salary and Expenses £225.00

EON paid by DD 11.10.2016£236.32

Mr W Green – Litter Picking£25.00

Aylesbury Mains Light Repair College Crescent C6£103.80

Aylesbury Mains – Inspection of all lights£1,946.40

 

TOTAL:  £2,536.52

 

Proposed for payment by:

 

 

 

11.25 AOB

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Time meeting ended:

 

Next Oakley Parish Council Meeting to be held on January 3rd 2017 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall

Agenda for Oakley Parish Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday 6th December 2016 

 

Comments