Parish Council‎ > ‎Agendas‎ > ‎

Agenda 4th July 2017

You are hereby summoned to attend the Parish Council Meeting of Oakley Parish Council on Tuesday 4th July 2017 at 7.30pm in Oakley Village Hall.

Please inform the Clerk if you are unable to attend.  The meeting is open to all members of the public and the press. Residents are welcome to attend and can address the meeting during Public Question Time.




Public Session for Parishioners Questions


07.01Present:


07.02Apologies:


07.03The minutes of the last meeting held Tuesday 6th June 2017 to be verified and approved.


07.04BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TFB):


i)          Highway defects


All Highway defects are shown separately and will be displayed in the Notice Board and on Parish Council Website


ii)        Actions from last month


Diversion signs at the Nap, has this now been collected? (Previous minute 06.06 ii)


NFU letter re potholes Oxford Road – Clerk sent email to TFB – Clerk to Update (06.06 vii)


iii)      Any new defects to be reported


Any new defects?


iv)       Traffic calming / control in The Turnpike


Mr Mole to update (06.06 iv)


v)         Overgrown hedges


Clerk has sent letter to resident (3 others reported have now been cut) (06.06 v)


07.05Play Area/Playing Field:


i)          Proposals for Oakley Tennis Court and Multi Use Games Area


Clerk to report on reply from Mr Houston re 106 funding.  Waiting for letter from Mr Smith re Tennis Court Committee.  (06.07 i)


ii)        Acorn Trail Lighting – Scout Hut


Mr Chery to report on meeting with Mr Chamberlain re outstanding problems (06.07 iii)


iii)      Tractor shed base:


Update from Mr Mole (06.07 iv)


iv)       Floodlight telegraph pole:


Update of removal of pole from Mr Mole (06.07 v)


v)         Children’s play area weeding


Reminder that covered paths in the children’s play area will need weeding now (06.07viii ))


vi)      Oakley Bowling Club


Letter received re Pavilion to be discussed.


vii)    Grass Cutting:


Clerk to report on request for cutting of branches by Mowing Contractor


07.06Street Lights:


i)          Outstanding defects or defects reported in the last month:


College Crescent standard and light (06.08 i)


Report from Mr Kilpin on village walk-about (06.08 ii)


W4 Worminghall Road


ii)        Any new street light defects to report


07.07Local Crime:


Any crime to report?


 


07.08Protection of Common Land (Layby Bicester Road)


Clerk to report on email from Planning Enforcement (06.10)


07.09Repair to Stiles


Now all Councillors have seen Mr Guttridge’s report discussion on next step. (06.12)


07.10Bench next to church “looking tired”


Update from Mr Cherry (06.13)


07.11Bench in Oakley Village – proposed by Mr Keating


Update from Mr Cherry on Mr Genever completing the concrete base. (06.14)


07.12Speeding in the village


Mr Mole to report on MVAS machine team, posts etc.,(06.15)


07.13Edward Brookes VC


Update on funding costs.  (06.16)


07.14Oakfest 17


Update on Oakfest 17, and input to Oakfest 18 (06.17)


07.15Elmwood Close – Affordable Housing


Clerk sent letter to AVDC.  Clerk has no update to report from AVDC or Hastoe’s (06.18)


07.16The Spans, provision of bollards


Parish Council to discuss. (06.19)


07.17Children’s party and axe throwing


Clerk to update on Insurance and donation received (06.20)


07.18Rural Transport in Oakley


Report by Mrs Staff on any Progress (06.21)


Possibility of using Charity money’s for subsidising transport


07.19First Responder for Village


Clerk to update on response from the village regarding First Responder training. (06.22)


07.20Litter Picker


Clerk to update on response to advert for new litter picker. (06.23)


07.21Transparency Code/Fund


Clerk has sent necessary forms on 7th June 2017 and is awaiting a response. (06.24)


07.22Haddenham and Long Crendon LAF – Sentinel training


Request for 2 volunteers for Sentinel training (received 15th May 2017) (06.25)


07.23College Crescent Dog bin positioning


Mr Cherry to feedback on odour issues (06.31 - AOB)


07.24AVALC Development Planning Department efficiency


Has feedback been given?


07.25Meetings:


i.           Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting


LAF Meeting – 15th June 2017 Oakley Village Hall – Chairman to report


ii.         Future Meetings:


VALP Meeting re Local Plan Monday 17th July 2017 6.30pm – this meeting has been cancelled.


07.26Correspondence (Papers to Circulate)


     The Good Councillors Guide to Finance and Transparency


     Open Space Summer 2017


     Info from Lloyds Bank re Financial Services Compensation Scheme


     LCR Magazine Summer 2017


07.27Planning:


i.          Planning enforcement officer


Update from Clerk re Sun Crescent – no update


ii.         The Paddocks, Brill Road – Clerk sent letter re flooding to Environmental Agency


iii.       The Royal Oak – Objected – requested committee attendance.  No update


iv.       ‘Routine Planning’


All Planning applications are now shown separately and each Councillor will receive a copy at every meeting.  This will also be put onto Notice Board and Parish Council Website.


07.28Accounts:


i.           Monthly cheques for May 2017:


Clerks Salary and Expenses                                                              £255.00


Mr W Green – Litter Picking                                                               £20.00


Aylesbury Mains Ltd                                                                              £56.40


Aylesbury Mains Ltd                                                                         £1384.56


Eon Street Lighting                                                                               £257.78


Green & Growing (grass mowing contractors)                                 


                                                                                                                                       


TOTAL:                                                                                                   £1,973.74


 


 


Proposed for payment by:


07.29AOB


                                              


 


 


Time meeting ended:


 


 


 


Next Oakley Parish Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday 1st August  2017 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.



Comments