Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

September 2011

 

MINUTES of the MEETING

of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

which was held on

TUESDAY, 6th September  2011

 

A G E N D A

 

1

Present:

Mr R Fennell, Mr P Kilpin, Mr J mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr R Craddock, Mr D Pearce.

 

2

Apologies:

Mr A Finn and Mr M Rand

 

3

Minutes of the Last Meeting:

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd August 2011 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.

 

4

Matters Arising:

 

 

 

Action MG

 

 

Action MG

.1

Highways Department

Potholes

Large pothole on Brill Road was reported.  Clerk to chase BCC on this one and others already reported.

 

Other items to note:  (not Highways)

Damaged Kerb setts on Manor Road, work was promised by BCC when they installed “30 for a reason signs”, work has not been done, Clerk to chase.

 

 

 

MG to monitor

 

 

 

.2

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

Clerk reported that letter had been sent to IBS requesting that they stop using the lay-by for storage and that it had been observed that the material in the lay-by had been removed.  Situation to be monitored to ensure lay-by not used for storage again.

Suspected breach of planning by Horton Cars –AVDC Planning Enforcement are looking into the problem and will report back.

 

 

.3

Play Area/Playing Field.

Mr P Kilpin agreed to help with the project due to Mr D Cherry's heavy workload.  Two other people have been found to quote for the works and they will be met with to discuss the project.

The new litter collector started work on Saturday and has asked if the Council would provide disposable gloves.  The Council agreed to this and asked that the Litter collector  invoice for the cost of the gloves.

 

Action MG

.4

Street Lights;

The Clerk reported that two lights in Brookside needed attention and and one light in Manor Road was reported as not working.

 

 

.5

Anti Social Behaviour

The theft of lead from the roof of the village hall was reported.  This has been reported to the police and will be replaced with a plastic alternative.

Action MG

.6

Bucks Recycling

The Clerk reported that a notice has been successfully served by BCC to stop up the new access and that the owner of the site is going to do this in due course to a time scale to be agreed with BCC.  Clerk to liaise with the Clerk of Worminghall Parish Council over progress.

 

.7

Royal Oak Public House

Mr D Cherry reported that he had attended the Appeals heard at AVDC on the 6th September 2011 on both the non-determination of a Planning Application and on the refusal of a Planning Application.  The Inspector intends to make a decision on both Appeals in three weeks.

 

 

.8

Parking

Mr D Cherry reported that following the discussions with residents following the last meeting all residents questioned wanted off road parking.  Unfortunately only those who have a car at present will be provided with a parking space.  Mr Cherry to confirm those that have cars and advise the Housing Association.   It is hoped that spaces can be provided on part of the garden of No. 13 for residents of No. 11 and 13 who do not have cars at present.  A design will be drawn up by the Housing Association and funding has been promised by them.

 

 

.9

Signs around the village

These are being removed.

 

 

.10

Scrap yard, Oxford Road

AVDC want a name of someone to whom they can send correspondence.

 

 

.11

Mains Gas in Villages

Nothing further since last month

 

 

Action MG

.12

Devolved Services

The Clerk advised that a letter was sent to BCC asking to have additional jobs added to the documents.  The Clerk to chase BCC for a decision.

 

Action MG and RF

.13

Scout Hut Drain

Clerk to examine old planning applications for information and Mr R Fennell to speak with various people regarding the former connection.

5

Action MG

Little London Green

Noted that Six houses have paid, agreed that Clerk should send reminders to those who have not.

 

6

Jericho Farm

Nothing further to note

 

7

Action MG

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

Noted that the “30 for a Reason” signs have been put up.  Clerk to chase BCC regarding the Island in the B4011 near Manor Road turning.

 

8

Correspondence

 

.1

Papers to Note:

Street Cleaning Schedules 2011-2012

Local Road Closures

 

.2

Papers for Circulation:

The Vale of Aylesbury Plan - Newsletter

The Playing Field Newsletter

Britain In Bloom Letter from Royal Horticultural Society.

Letter from AVDC about toolkit for running events to do with the Olympics

9

Planning

 

.1

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

11/01486/APP

Royal Oak PH 2 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QW

Change of use from mixed public house (Class A4) and residential (Class C3) to use as single dwelling house (Class C3)

Decision:

 

11/01675/APP

100 Bicester Road, Oakley.

Demolition of Bungalow and erection of replacement dwelling.

Decision:

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

11/01284/APP

24 Worminghall Road, Oakley

Erection of detached garden room

Decision: Permit

 

11/01198/APP

8 Brookside Oakley

Rear and side extension and pitched roof over garage

Decision: permit

                     

10

Accounts

 

 

The following accounts to be approved for payment:

 

 

.1

 

E-On street lighting

Mazars - Auditors

AVDC – Local election fees

M Griffiths Clerks wages

MR Cross – grass cutting

TOTAL

 

 

 

£150.13

£162.00

£113.00

£151.30

£504.00

£1080.43

 

 

 

11

 

 

 

Action RF

Any Other Business

-To note return by Mazars of the Council's Annual Return for the year ended  31st March 2011

Oakley Football Club New Shed

Agreed that Football club can erect a new shed on the old hard standing. Agreed that in principle that Council would make a financial contribution to the shed following a meeting with the Football club to be arranged. 

12

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,        4th October 2011, at 7.30 pm., in the Village Hall.

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.30pm

 

 

Comments