Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

September 2009

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 1st September 2009

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn,

Plus 5 Parishioners

 

2

 

Apologies

Mr G Hopcroft

District Councillor Michael Rand

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 7th July 2009 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

Potholes

  • A new pothole outside Leatherslade Farm was reported.
  • Clerk to contact Thames Water about the depression across the road outside 33 Worminghall Road.

               

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Willow hedge along Thame Road passed Morgans to be trimmed back.  Clerk to notify BCC.
  • Kerbsetts to be re-set on the corner of Manor Road and The Turnpike by the Chandos Arms have been included in September schedule of work.

 

 

 

Action

MK/RF

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         The rubbish and skip have been removed from the lay-by along the Thame Road opposite IBS however the tarmac has not been removed.  Chairman to send letter to IBS on this matter. 

 

 

Action

MK/RF

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         Light outside Hedges Farm had been damaged and removed for safety.  New light to be re-fitted.

·         No light fitting on the pole at 1 Bicester Road, Chairman to investigate.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Playground annual inspection is due.  Clerk to liaise with Wicksteed Leisure.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         Nothing reported this month.

 

Action

MK

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         Bucks Recycling are still burning waste at their site.  The number to ring to inform the Environment Agency is to be published in the Oakley Informer.

 

 

 

 

 

.7

 

Land at Oxford Road

·         Nothing further to report this month.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.8

Parking on Footpaths

·         Parking on the footpaths and grass verges around the village is still a problem. Parishioners are requested to report any obstruction to the local community police either by telephone or e-mail.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         Mr Florent is to continue his request for planning permission to complete the bunds which would mean the Graham Churchill lorries would continue their route through Oakley for a further 12 months.

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

6

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         It is understood that all these houses have now been allocated and most already occupied.

·         Work on the new footpath along the existing Elmwood Close should start in September.

·         Clerk to chase the grant allocation for the new housing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         Costs for the pedestrian refuge have been received.  This now stands at £18K.

·         A request was made that the turning to Brill Road from the Thame Road could be made smaller as vehicles use this as a race track when turning off the Thame Road.  It is also used for the larger lorries for a turning space.  This is quite dangerous as the footpath along this road is very narrow and is not wide enough for a double pushchair.

·         Following a discussion on the traffic calming measures proposed, the Chairman  thanked Oakley Traffic Action Group for their report, but stressed that the pedestrian refuge crossing must take priority funding.  The Parish Council will investigate some of the options put forward by the Oakley Traffic Action Group.

·         Clerk to ascertain the purpose of the grey box outside Hedges Farm on the Worminghall Road.

 

 

Action

MK

8

 

Sewers

·         Thames Water have been doing exploratory work on the sewers along the Worminghall Road.  Clerk to ascertain details and results.

 

 

 

9

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • Buckinghamshire Community action – Annual Reception Invitation
  • BCC:  Flu Pandemic Response Planning
  • Village Bulk refuse freighter

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • BALC:  Matters Arising
  • Neighbourhood Policing Newsletter
  • Arnold Baker Local Council Administration

 

 

10

 

.1

 

 

Planning

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

09/01193/APP

6 The Turnpike  Oakley  Buckinghamshire  HP18 9QB

erection of single storey rear extension

Decision:  No Objection

 

09/01261/APP

5 Brookside  Oakley  Buckinghamshire  HP18 9PN

Single storey front extension – amendment to planning approval

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

09/01194/APP

20 Ashfield Rise Oakley Buckinghamshire  HP18 9QA

Part two-storey, part single storey side and rear extension

Decision: No Objection

 

 

 

 

.2

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

09/00778/APP

29 Manor  Road Oakley HP18 9QT

Side and rear extensions and detached garage -

(Amendment to 09/00220/APP)

Decision:  Permit

 

09/00894/APP

4 Mill Road Oakley HP18 9PX

Part two-storey, part single storey rear extension

Decision: Permit

 

09/01053/APP

50 Worminghall Road Oakley HP18 9QY

Provision of hard standing and 1300 litre oil tank to front of property

Decision: Permit

 

 

 

.3

Planning Permission for Extensions

  • One parishioner suggested that the parish council should oppose extensions to existing properties as this led to many of the houses being priced out of the affordable market.  The councillors explained that as long as the planning application met the criteria laid down by the government there was very little that could be done and the Planning Committees did not really take any notice of the local parish councils.

 

11

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  J Mole

 

E-On – Street Lights (July/August)

Michael Cross Westbury Groundcare

Aylesbury Mains Ltd (Light repairs)

M Kingsnorth (July/August)

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£231.18

£483.00

£92.72

£460.22

 £1267.12

     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

12

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Wheatley Park School

·         A donation of £25.00 was agreed to sponsor a prize for Wheatley Park School prize giving day.

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Electricity Supply

·         A letter from the Parish Council has been sent to E-On with reference to the recent interruptions of the electricity supply.

Action

MK

 

 

.3

Remembrance Day

·         A poppy wreath is to be ordered for the Remembrance Day service.

 

 

.4

Football Pitch

·         Any requests for extra grass cutting should be authorised through the Parish Council.  It was felt that the football pitch needed the extra cut due to the fact that it had been turned around and whilst the council had no objection to the move they had not been notified that this had been done.

 

 

.5

Emergency Contact for the Village

·         Councillor John Mole has been nominated as point of contact in the event of an emergency in the community.

 

13

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,   6th            October 2009 at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.15 pm

 

Comments