Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

October 2015

MINUTES OF OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 6th October 2015

 

Open question time for Parishioners  -  One parishioner attended – no questions were asked

 

1.        Present:  Chairman: Mr J Mole, Vice Chairman: Mr D Cherry, Councillors Mr R Craddock, Mr P Kilpin. Mr D Pearce. Mrs M Daly, Mr M Rand (AVDC Councillor for Oakley Ward)  Clerk to Oakley Parish Council: Mrs P. Pointer

 

2.          Apologies:

Mrs A Macpherson (BCC) – attends an AVDC Cabinet Meeting on the first Tuesday of every month.

 

3.          Minutes of the last meeting:

The minutes of the last meeting, held Tuesday 1st September 2015, were approved and signed.  Proposed by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mrs M Daly

 

4.        BCC Highways Department / Transport For Bucks (TfB):

i)           Roads

No update received from Councillor Mrs A Macpherson regarding progress of her meeting with TfB. Mr Mole followed up in September - awaiting TfB response.

ii)          Reported road defects:

The Turnpike –ongoing since 2012. Awaiting TfB response.

Pot hole at “Foresters” is crumbling again – Reported – 7th February 2015. Awaiting TfB response.

27 Worminghall Road, reported in September 2015 (?)

iii)        Reported pavement defects:

Pavement Brill Road/Maple Court still outstanding – reported Aug 2012.

Pavement on Manor Road opposite Manor Farm –crumbling – reported Oct 2014

Pavement collapsed on Oxford Road, past Village Hall on left, on leaving village – reported Dec 2014.

Pavement in College Crescent opposite No.50 - reported Apr 2015

Mr Mole followed up in September - awaiting TfB response.

iv)        Reported drain defects:

Drains Brill Road reported Mar 2013 – request for jetting - still outstanding. The verge encroachment has been cut back to enable the jetting machine to access and clear the gullies. Mr Mole followed up in September. Contractor has been appointed and the works was completed on 6th October.

Manor Road drains cover – reported Oct 2014. – This has already been reported to Thames Water in February – a reminder will be sent to them. Awaiting TfB response.

Drain cover outside church – reported April 2015 – This will be added to the list of jobs for the maintenance team. Awaiting TfB response.

v)          Other defects

White lining and cat’s eyes at The Foresters reported May 2014 Awaiting TfB response.

Kerb setts loose by Oakley Garage Awaiting TfB response

                         Clerk has reported to BCC that a tree (next to BT10 – opposite Rambler Cottage) needs cutting. This was reported Aug 2014. The Parish Council had already ascertained the tree in on Highways land. Highways say this tree is not theirs – PP to communicate this.

Kerb sett out opposite Primrose Cottage on Oxford Road, this is due to traffic lights when road works were taking place. Kerb setts lay on verge on Manor Road.  These have been repaired – take off Agenda

vi)        Any new defects to report?

PP                     Willow tree opposite Leatherslade Farm ready to fall into road.  Clerk to report

vii)       Memorial seats

No progress

 

5.        Play Area/Playing Field:

i)           Playing Field Survey

PP/MD            Update from Mrs Daly and Mrs Pointer on involving youth in the Village – Mrs Daly informed all that the date of Monday 23rd November 2015 had been set for a “Pizza and Chat” evening at the Village Hall for the youths of the village  Clerk to design poster.

JM                    Multi Use Games Area and Outside Gym – any update (to be kept on agenda). Mr Mole to email Clerk photographs.   Mr Finn received a brochure for Multi Use Games area, which he would pass to Mr Cherry.

 

ii)          Acorn Trail (footpath)

                         Update on LAF lighting submission from Mr Mole – Mr Mole was 80% through.

                         Clerk has emailed Mr Haynes re the problem with cracks on the new footpath. Awaiting update.

iii)        Dog Waste Bins

Mr Craddock to update on new litter bin and one dog waste bin.  Clerk read email from W Green re the urgency of the broken littler bin being exchanged in the Playing Field, also mentioned that she had been informed by Mr Green that dog waste was again being placed in the litter bins and not the dog waste bins that are provided. The litter bin at bottom of Brill Road also has the same issue. Clerk to look at buying “stickers” to place on litter bins to encourage people to remember they are not for dog waste.

iv)        Bowling Green

PP                     Mr Mole and Clerk did inform all the Bowling Club had confirmed the snagging was complete. However the Council was made aware of a low point of the green, it was discussed of holding back a retainer of £5K until all snags are completed. Clerk asked to re check with Mr Ashurst.

v)          Survey of Playing Field:

DC                    Mr Cherry to update on electronic copy of survey – Mr Cherry still waiting for the survey copy.

                         Mr Mole to get A2 size map, once he has the electronic copy.

vi)        Bowling Green Peppercorn Rent

JM                    Clerk has completed the deed for the Peppercorn Rent and now passed to Mr Mole to check details.

vii)       Wickstead Repair to Children’s Playground

PP                     Update on repair required – Clerk informed all that Wickstead have confirmed that as soon as they have the parts for the repair they will attend and repair.  Clerk to check it is safe to use, although all agreed that the repair needed does not make the apparatus unsafe.

viii)     Oakley United

DC                    Complaints on UOFC team training, kicking balls against Scout Hut (22nd September)

It was agreed that on training nights OUFC could turn the goal posts around to ensure that the balls will not be kicked against the Scout Hut.  Mr Cherry is going to find out who is now in charge of OUFC and speak with them to ensure this happens.  He will also check if the field is still being used for matches.

 

6.        Street Lights defects:

i)           Enquiry underway for quotations for following new lamps:

·       Bicester Road, Churchfield House, between: Bicester Road 7 (BT7) – The Nap turn and Bicester Road 8 (BT8) – Church entrance – Bicester side. There is an electricity pole in the right place.

·       Middle of Ashfield Rise – no electricity nearby

·       17 Brill Road – no electricity pole nearby

                         No update from Mr Craddock at this time

ii)                 Existing defects

                         BT10 – Bicester Road (opposite Ramblers Cottage) Glass cover was on ground but is now missing. – This has been reported but not repaired. Clerk has contacted Aylesbury Mains Ltd – awaiting update.

iii)        Any new defects to report?

 

7.        Common Land:

i)           Layby opposite “IBS Site”, Thame Road, “Japanese Knotweed)

Update from Mr Mole regarding the layby and Japanese Knotweed, it was treated on the 17th August using Tordon mix which is usually quite effective. Calvin Richardson (TfB) has not had a chance to see the effects but has been told it would need a follow up treatment in the spring as it was really established.

 

8.       Anti-Social Behaviour

Recent thefts in surrounding areas from vans and garden sheds. Also garden furniture from the Chandos Arms.

 

9.        Poppy wreath for Remembrance Day:

PP         Permission was given to order Poppy Wreath for November.  Clerk to Order

 

10.     Parish Council Notice Board:

Work completed and slabs have been laid.

 

11.     Churchyard extension

DC         No quote has been received from Mr Genever.  Mr Pearce informed all that he had received complaints as to the untidiness of the Churchyard, it was discussed that it is difficult to access the Churchyard with garden vehicles, so it was decided that Mr Cherry will speak with Mr Hunter and speak with Church Council re possibility of erecting a gate for future access.

 

12.     Defibrillator for Oakley Village:

JM        Plaque for Mr K Brown, clerk waiting for Mr Mole to give plaque information.

 

13.     Complaint regarding Village Hall noise:

AF         Mr Mole read out an email received from a parishioner regarding the level of noise at the weekend on Saturday evenings when there are events in the village hall.  It was discussed that this can be a problem during the summer months because of the windows and doors being left open because of heat.  It was noted that as the license is until midnight it is difficult to police any complaints regarding the noise.  However, the email would be passed to Mr Finn – Chairman of Village Hall Committee.

 

14.       Traffic Calming Group:

Clerk has set up Service Contract for MVAS

JM           Update on price of traffic calming signs – brochures have been added to circulation for Mr Mole

 

15.    War Memorial

DC           Clerk reported the difficulty she is having trying to find someone who wants to take on the job of re tracing the naming of the memorial.  Mr Cherry said he would speak with Tony James from Funeral Directors in Cowley.

 

16.        Parking in College Crescent

BCC Councillor Mrs Macpherson to report on progress. – No update received

 

17.       Door Step Selling

Flyer was approved and will be passed to Mr Finn to distribute at the end of October.

 

18.       Footpath and Rights of Way

Is there any update from BCC on blockages on Footpath 28 – still ‘under investigation?’

 

19.       ‘Shabby Oakley’

Discussion on ‘shabby’ Oakley, decide on steps that could be taken, volunteers?

MD         It was discussed that the village does need to be tidied in certain places.  Discussions took place as to lack of money from BCC is the main problem for it not being maintained to an acceptable level.  It was agreed that action would have to be taken by the village if we wish to maintain a “tidy” village.  Mrs Daly suggested that at the meeting with the Youths, we could suggest this may be a way of helping the village by them being involved in a tidy up.

JM           Mr Mole offered to speak with “Horton Cars” to see if the new area at their premises could be tidied as it was discussed that the fencing around the area made it look shabby.

 

20.       Meetings: Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting:

 

13th September – Oakley Informer (JM)Mr Mole informed that there were now 3 new editors in place.

 

17th September – NAG / LAF – The Oculus, Aylesbury – This was not attended

 

18th September – BCC Devolution (PK). Mr Kilpin reported he had attended this meeting and had found it very interesting and useful. With regards to the grass cutting within the 30 mile speed limits., hedge cutting, pavements and weed killing, it was fairly obvious that BCC will not be able to maintain these successfully in the future because of lack of funds, he learnt that probably within 4 years there will be none of the above done by BCC, he reported that he thought it would be better to sign up now to the Devolution Scheme whilst there is money from BCC provided to Parish Councils to help cover the costs. It was agreed that the grass cutting around the village is the most important of works to be carried out, Mr Kilpin informed all that BCC will be emailing accurate maps of the area’s to be covered.  Mr Finn reported that he had already spoken with Countrywide Maintenance regarding this matter and as soon as we have received the accurate maps they will be able to give a price on maintaining the areas. Mr Kilpin asked if all were in agreement to go ahead with Devolution from April 2016 – Mr Cherry proposed that we explore budgets for devolution and this was seconded by Mr Craddock – add to next months Agenda

JM           Discussions took place regarding email received from Shabbington Parish Council Chairman Mr Powell with regards to joining a “cluster” of villages for devolution.  But it was agreed at this time the Parish Council did not feel it would benefit Oakley and would probably over complicate matters.  Mr Mole will speak with Mr Powell.

 

 

22nd September – Edward Brooks V.C. (JM) - Meeting went well and had a good turnout.

 

23rd September 2015 – LAF meeting (DC). Mr Cherry attended and reported that he was becoming increasingly concerned about LAF that he felt it was fast moving out of control as to regards where the money is spent. Mr Cherry believe that the LAF is dominated by the Haddenham and the current leadership is spending money from the current and future budgets on projects, with little regard to other members of the LAF.

 

26th/27th September - First Responder (MD). Mrs Daly reported that she had now completed the course which she said was far more detailed than she had first realised, she still has two 12 hour shifts to complete with Ambulance and Police.  She informed all that the defibrillator that had been given to her from Oakley Parish Council, is not adequate for a first responder as they have to have the one that has all the wires for checking pulse, heart beat etc., the cost of this is £1,500, Mrs Daly suggested that she could approach all local Parish Councils to ask for donations as this would be an advantage to all surrounding villages.  It was agreed that this would be a good idea. – put on Agenda for next month.

 

28th September – Oakley Bowls Club (JM)Mr Mole reported that the bowling green is now completed.

 

29th September – Appeal regarding Gypsy Site at Worminghall, at Aylesbury (JM, PC). Mr Mole reported that the meeting was well attended but that a decision will not be forthcoming from the Planning Inspector for a week or so.

 

5th October - Buckinghamshire Playing Fields Association AGMnot attended.

 

Future Meetings:

Thursday 15th October 2015 – Invitation to attend Wheatley Park School Prize Giving

Tuesday 3rd November 2015 - BMAKALC AGM Meeting

 

21.     Correspondence:

i)                     Papers to Circulate:

LCR Magazine

Bucks Playing Field Annual Report 2014-2015

Wheatley Park School Prize Giving Invitation

 

22.     Planning:

 

i)                     15/01638/ADP – Oakley – New Farm Oxford Road, Oakley HP18 9UR – Approval of reserved matters pursuant to outline permission 12/00161/AOP relating to matters of appearance, landscaping, layout and scale for the erection of one dwelling - OPC no objection – AVDC Pending Consideration

ii)                   15/00418/APP – Oakley 22 Worminghall Road, Oakley Bucks HP189QY Demolition of an existing pre-fabricated garage. Erection of two detached dwellings and detached garages and store. (Amendment to Planning Application 13/03429/APP - Change from pitch roof to flat roof with skylight to rear single storey part of house – (Plot 1) - OPC no objection – AVDC Pending Consideration

iii)                  14/00519/APP – Worminghall - Land at Worminghall Road, Worminghall, Ickford HP18 9UN. APPEAL. The use of land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for 3 no. gypsy pitch together with the formation of additional hard standing and 3 no. utility/dayrooms ancillary to that use and Stable block for the stabling of horses. APPEAL OPC objected to appeal. – Pending Planning Inspectorate (29th September)                 ====================================================================================

iv)                  15/02542/AGN – New Farm Bungalow, Oxford Road - Erection of agricultural building – returned to AVDC 28.08.2015 – AVDC – Agricultural – No Objection

v)                   15/02198/AGN - Meads Farm Worminghall Road - Erection of agricultural building – returned to AVDC Planning – 04.06.2015 – No Objection  - AVDC Pending consideration

vi)                  15/02492/APP - Moorley’s Farm, Thame Road - Installation of 92.75kwp of roof mounted solar panels onto existing agricultural grain store roof. Returned to AVDC Planning 28.08.2015 – No Objection – AVDC approved

vii)                15/02575/AGN Moorley’s Farm, Thame Road – Erection of agricultural building – awaiting OPC return to AVDC Planning – 11.09.2015- AVDC – agricultural – No Objection

viii)               15/02344/ADP – Land to rear of 25, Oxford Road - Approval of reserved matters pursuant to outline permission 14/02880/AOP relating to external appearance and landscaping for the erection of five dwellings with associated parking and amenity space provision. Returned to AVDC Planning 28.08.2015 – No Objection and 3 support application – AVDC – pending consideration

ix)                  15/02705/APP – Willow Farmhouse, 1 Oakhall Court, Oakley – Erection of stable building for private use with associated hard standing.  AVDC pending decision

 

New Planning Applications received – out for consideration with Oakley Parish Councillors

 

x)                   15/03167/APP – OAKLEY – 3 Orchard Close, Oakley, Bucks HP18 9QR – First floor side/rear extension over existing garage and part two storey, part single storey rear extension.  Date Comments requested by 21st October 2015.

xi)                  15/02299/AOP – OAKLEY – 58 Worminghall Road, Oakley, Bucks HP18 9QY – Outline application with access and layout to be considered and all other matters reserved for the demolition of the existing dwelling and the erection of two detached two storey dwellings with access, parking and amenity space.  Date Comments requested by 21st October 2015

 

23.     Accounts:

Monthly Cheques for October 2015:

Eon:                                                                                                                            £204.65 (paid 12.09.2015 by DD)

Eon:                                                                                                                            £198.04 (paid 11.10.2015 by DD)

Clerks Salary and Expenses                                                                                    £225.00

Mr W Green –Litter Picking                                                                                     £40.00

Mazars – Annual return                                                                                          £240.00

Dales Sports Surfaces Ltd (approved but not signed see 5 iv above)       £86,664.00

Royal British Legion                                                                                                    £25.00

Mr S Genever                                                                                                           £160.00

Mrs P Pointer                                                                                                            £225.00

Aylesbury Mains Ltd                                                                                                  £81.84

AVDC charges for Election May 2015                                                                   £125.00

 

 

TOTAL                                                                                                                   £88,188.53

 

Proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr Mole

                 

 

24.     Any Other Business:

 

Email - Noise at Village Hall – discussed during meeting, minute 13.

Email – Children’s Playground

Clerk inform all that an email had been received asking the question as to why the children’s play area is not fully fenced off from the playing field.  Councillors discussed the fact that when we had applied for Grant funding from 106 fund, it was stipulated that in order to receive the funding we would have to agree to leave the playground open to the playing field, as this is the policy from AVDC for all playground area’s in order that the young and older generations are not segregated.  It was discussed that this matter should be kept on the Agenda and any ideas brought forward by residents as to what could be achieved within the boundaries of the request will be

PP          discussed.  Clerk to write email to resident confirming the above.

Email – Re TFB Devolution – consider joining a “Cluster” – discussed during meeting, minute 20

Email – Village Freight Service – this service is no longer available.

PP          Hedges around village:  It was brought to the Parish Councils attention that the hedge on the opposite side of the road to the Public Telephone Box (Hadleigh’s old house) needs trimming. Clerk to write asking for hedge to be trimmed.

              New Lottery Meeting:  Mr Finn attended meeting regarding the new lottery being set up by AVDC.  He reported that 50% of the money goes to causes, 8% to community chest, and the rest goes to organisers.  Mr Finn has registered on line.  They use the numbers from the Australian Big 6  lottery.  Top Prize is £20,000.00.

              Apologies:  Mr D Cherry and Mrs M Daly gave apologies as cannot attend next meeting.

              Do we need a second Village Notice Board (as opposed to Parish Council board)?  Put on Agenda for next month

              Illegal development on Brill Road, near Hillside Farm, Brill.  Mr Mole informed all that AVDC Planning Enforcement team, have issued a temporary Stop Notice on the Land off Brill Road.  This period of 28 days allows them as an Authority to consider any further action should works continue and also ‘focuses’ the owner with regards to activities undertaken and how they wish to progress ie submitting an application for any works to be undertaken. Keep on Agenda.

 

 

New Scout Hut Proposals as Community Resource:  Mrs Collier asked Mr Finn if plans were able to go ahead for a new Scout Hut and it was registered as a Community Resource, that the Scout Committee had agreed they would be happy for the Village Hall Committee to manage both bookings for the village hall and the Scout Hut with a nomination being given to the Village Hall Funds.  Mr Finn said that he did not think it was acceptable for the Village Hall Committee to do all the work of the bookings and did not see this as a feasible idea.  However, he agreed he would take the proposal to the Committee.  Mrs Collier said that the Scout Committee would be really disappointed if this could not go ahead.

 

Meeting ended at 10:09

 

Please note these are “Draft Minutes” and at the next meeting on Tuesday 3rd November 2015 minutes will be ratified and agreed by Councillors and signed by Chairman Mr J Mole

 

 

 

Next Monthly Parish Council Meeting to be held Tuesday at 7.30pm 3rd November 2015 at Oakley Villag
Comments