Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

October 2011





which was held on

TUESDAY, 4th October  2011






Mr R Fennell, Mr P Kilpin, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr R Craddock, Mr D Pearce. Mr A Finn Mr M Rand and several members of the public






Minutes of the Last Meeting:


The minutes of the meeting held on 6th September 2011 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting and signed by the Chairman.



Matters Arising:




Action MG



Action MG


Highways Department


Pothole in Brill Road has not been mended, Clerk to chase BCC on this one and others already reported, also the lines in the Turnpike need redoing.


Other items to note:  (not Highways)

Damaged Kerb setts on Manor Road have not been repaired, Clerk to chase again, also the pavement has been damaged by an IBS lorry delivering to a property opposite 95 College Crescent – Clerk to report this to BCC.




MG to monitor





Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

Noted that nothing is being stored on the lay by at present .AVDC have served enforcement notice requiring that retrospective planning permission be applied for regarding Horton Cars and their selling on the roadside.  Clerk to monitor.







MG to arrange


Play Area/Playing Field.

Mr D Cherry's has spoken with other providers but has not had many responses. Need to have two more quotes, the next deadline for the project is the 19th of November it was agreed that Mr Kilpin, Mr Finn and Mr Cherry will pursue the project over the next month.

Clerk raised the matter of the annual play ground inspection and it was agreed that this must be arranged.

The new litter collector is doing a good job and it was agreed that with shorter days collection should be fortnightly.



Action MG


Street Lights;

The Clerk reported that four lights had been reported to the contractor for repair.  Mr Cherry mentioned the light on the corner of College Crescent and Worminghall Road at the entrance to the village, the light is very dim but this may be due to the tree blocking the light, Clerk to investigate.




Anti Social Behaviour

Nothing to report.

MG to monitor


Bucks Recycling

Clerk to monitor and liaise with the Clerk of Worminghall Parish Council over progress.




Royal Oak Public House

Nothing to report, still waiting for the Inspectors decision and outcome of new planning application.


MG to chase



Mr D Cherry reported that information had been provided as requested but no progress has been observed.




Signs around the village

These are being removed.




Scrap yard, Oxford Road

No further progress to report.




Mains Gas in Villages

Mr Finn has received an email from Brill Parish Council following a reply to them from Southern Gas.  150 houses in Oakley have expressed an interest in having gas connected and on this basis the cost will be £10,500 per house.  This was felt to be very high.  The price may be reduced if more houses want to connect, precise costings would be made available once the exact number of people is known.  There may be grants available from the Government. 



Action MG


Devolved Services

The Clerk reported that BCC had come back asking for details of the contractor in Oakley who might carry out Highway works as they will need to have relevant licences before BCC will agree to devolving this aspect of work to the Parish Council.  Clerk to go back to BCC with details of the contractor and their licences.




Scout Hut Drain

Mr Fennell reported that consent had now been obtained for the Scouts to connect to the drain in the garden of the adjacent house where the former connection existed.


Action MG and RF

Little London Green

Clerk reported that chase up letters have been sent to those householders who have not paid for the sewer works but that no further payments have been received.  Mr Fennell asked for details of those who have not paid so that he can talk to them.




RF to action

Jericho Farm

Clerk reported that an email had been received from the gun club informing the Council that they were going ahead with the completion of the bunds.  The Gun Club have tried to contact the school but have not been able to speak with the Head.  Mr Fennell to set up a meeting between the school and the Gun Club to try and agree that lorry numbers during the time that children are going to and from school are kept to a minimum.


Action MG




SID/Traffic Calming Measures

Clerk to chase BCC regarding the Island in the B4011 near Manor Road turning.


Oakley Football Club New Shed

Mr Fennell advised that he has had a meeting with the Football club and has advised them that the Parish Council are prepared to pay for some of the new shed so long as the Council agree the siting of it.





Papers to Note:

Nothing new



Papers for Circulation:

Several Planning Bulletins

How to Respond to Planning Applications (CPRE)





To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)


47 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire

Proposed 7 (No) two storey dwellings and creation of a new access




Land adjacent to 5 Elmwood Close, Oakley

Erection of two storey attached dwelling house.




31 Manor Road, Oakley

Installation of solar PV Panels on flat roof of garage




12 Oxford Road, Oakley

Conversion of garage into living accommodation including replacement of garage door with window and insertion of additional window to side





 To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:


Holiday Let 1 Nap Farm Barn The Nap Oakley

Conversion and extension of holiday let unit and double garage into private dwelling

Decision: Permit



16 Sun Crescent, Oakley

Demolition of existing garage erection of replacement garage and single storey rear extension

Decision: permit



100 Bicester Road, Oakley

Demolition of bungalow and erection of replacement dwelling.

Decision: Permit






The following accounts to be approved for payment:





E-On street lighting

M Griffiths Clerks wages














MG to action



Any Other Business

-To note request by Wheatley Park School for donation towards a prize for their prize giving on the 13th October- Council agreed to a donation of £10.00.

- Clerk raised the matter of the Remembrance day Wreath from the British Legion and it was agreed that one should be ordered. 


Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,        1st November 2011, at 7.30 pm., in the Village Hall.



The meeting closed at 8.30pm