Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

November 2016


DRAFT MINUTES of OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Tuesday 1st November 2016,

Meeting No: 2016/11


11.01

11.02 11.03 11.04

PP

PP PP

11.05

Public Session:

There were 1 parishioner in attendance. No questions were raised

Chairman announced that the Oakley Parish Council Meeting would now take place.

Present:

Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr D Cherry (Vice Chairman) Councillors Mr A Finn, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, Mr R Craddock and Mrs M Daly; Mr M Rand (AVDC Councillor) and Mrs P Pointer (Parish Clerk).

Apologies:

Mrs A Macpherson BCC Councillor

Minutes of Oakley Parish Council’s last meeting held Tuesday 4th October 2016 were received, verified and approved (Proposed for signature by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr P Kilpin)

BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TfB):

  1. Oakley Highway defects

    Defects are shown under separate cover and will be displayed in the Notice Board and on Website

  2. Meeting with Local Area Technician

    Chairman asked Clerk to arrange a meeting with Mr D Smith from TFB for a walk around the village.

  3. Traffic Calming/control in The Turnpike

    Chairman informed all about a letter he had received about recent damage to parked cars in the Turnpike. He said that since the Turnpike was closed for several weeks earlier this year with no reported problems for through traffic, perhaps the Parish Council should re-consider banning lorries from using The Turnpike road as a shortcut to and from Bicester Road.

    It was agreed to consider this matter. Clerk to raise with TfB the feasibility of either banning lorries or

    making one way.

  4. Proposal for “the Birthplace of Edward Brooks V.C.” to be added to Oakley signs

    It was agreed that this could be considered for a period of, perhaps, two years bearing in mind the

    commemoration taking place in April 2017. Clerk to follow up with TfB and report back at next meeting.

  5. New defects to be reported:

    None

PCSO Ms S Jones:

Thames Valley PCSO Sue Jones attended the meeting to discuss speeding in the village. The Chairman stated that although the villages does have police attendance with speed guns frequently in the Bicester Road area of the village, he felt where it is needed is on the Worminghall Road.
Discussions took place re the Sentinel Machine, PCSO Ms Jones reported that Waddesdon Community Speed Watch group were using one of these machines, which was paid for through the Waddesdon LAF. This machine sits on side of the road, either on tripod or a post. It is a small black box and takes photographs of any cars that are travelling over the value calibrated in the machine, usually 10% over the speed limit. It entails a person sitting in their car by the machine (to ensure against vandalism etc.,) and the Parish Council or Village Speed Committee would be able to send out letters to the owners of the cars speeding to inform them they have been photographed breaking the speed limit. If a same car is photographed more than once, then on the second occasion
a ‘sterner’ letter is sent. On the third occasion a Police Constable will deliver the letter.

PCSO Ms Jones said that Long Crendon/Haddenham were at present discussing with LAF for funding for one of these machines, she added that perhaps a rota for local villages could be set up so all get a chance to use the machine. Alternatively, the cost of one of these machines is around £1400, a suggestion was made that perhaps Oakley, Worminghall, Ickford and Shabbington could purchase one between them and a rota set up for use.

Draft Minutes Meeting of Oakley Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st November 2016 Parish Clerk: Mrs Pat Pointer, Telephone: 01844 237067

11.06

Play Area/Playing Field:

  1. Use of Oakley Football pitch by Long Crendon Football Club.

    Mr Finn reported that at the Village Hall meeting it was agreed not to allow Long Crendon FC to use Changing Rooms at the Village Hall. Mr Finn has informed Long Crendon FC of this decision.
    Mr Woodford is to mow the football pitch on behalf of Long Crendon FC and asked permission to put the cuttings from the pitch into the ditch in the playing field for now. Chairman has agreed to this.

  2. Proposal for Oakley Tennis Court and Multi Use Games Area

    The Chairman asked if everyone now had time to read James Smith’s proposal for Tennis Courts, with location pros and cons and the letter from the resident in Meadow Close. All confirmed that they had. Chairman felt that the Parish Council had not had time to fully read James Smith proposal before the last meeting and the vote. He asked all present had anyone changed their mind on the way they had voted on where the Tennis Court should be placed in the playing field. All agreed that they still wished to abide by their vote at the last meeting. AVDC Councillor Mr Rand stated that a Parish Council cannot vote on the same motion within six months of the initial vote. Therefore the vote at the last minute still stands.

    Mr Kilpin did point out that in his opinion he felt that we were now in deadlock with the Tennis Committee by voting against where the Committee wished the Tennis Court to be and this could lead to the development of the Tennis Courts not taking place.
    The Chairman said that this would not necessarily be the case since if the Tennis Committee decided to not proceed any further, the Parish Council could look at continuing with the project. He stated that he feels very strongly that the Tennis Court should be down the bottom of the playing field, as this area had previously been agreed by the Parish Council to be the area that needed to be developed.

    Mr Finn said "If the Parish Council decided to go ahead with building the tennis courts at the bottom end of the playing field which is in his opinion is totally the wrong place, he will have nothing to do with it. If it is at the top end near the scout hut he would fully support this and will be involved".
    The Chairman read the ‘holding’ letter from Mr Smith. It was agreed to wait until the December Meeting to discuss with the Tennis Committee if it still wishes to go ahead with its proposal with the Tennis Court being down the bottom end of the playing field; rather than by the Scout Hut and School which had been their preferred option.

  3. Acorn Trail (footpath)

    Mr Cherry has spoken with both Mr P. Morris and Mr S Genever and is still waiting for one quote.
    Mr Mole has sent a tender to Mr K Condon re the path lighting
    Mr Condon has said his proposal will be with Chairman next week.

  4. Tractor shed base removal:

    Chairman has spoken with Mr Mick Daly and the base will be removed within next couple of weeks. Mr

    Mole to follow up.

  5. Grass Cutting Playing Field and around Village:

    Clerk has printed “Google Map” areas for the village mowing, to enable the areas to be marked off which will need mowing next season, these would be sent to contractors asking for quotations for next season. She has a list of recommended contractors used by other Parish Councils. Chairman agreed to go through the maps with Clerk to highlight the areas, where mowing is required.

    It was also agreed that Clerk will ask Mr Woodford to do the last cut for the season of Playing Field,

    Children’s Play area, all grass verges and Little London Green. (See also minute 11.06 i above)

  6. Floodlight telegraph pole on playing field:

    It was agreed this pole will come down when the new lighting is done for the path and Mr Cherry will

    organise the contractors to ensure the electrics from the pole are sealed off safely.

  7. Playing Field Hedge
    Mr Pearce informed all that this has now been completed. Children’s Play Area Signs
    Clerk asked if the new signs could be mounted on to metal backs before being hung at the Playground, Clerk to speak with her husband about fixing them.

  1. Dead tree in Play Area

    Mr Cherry has spoken with Viv Webb at Pre-School and informed her that tree needs to come down,

    Mr Cherry to speak to Mr Durndell.

    1. Trees in between Playing Field and 10 Meadow Close

      Letter received from resident asking permission to cut and prune trees. It was agreed that if all 3 trees are within the boundary of their garden OPC have no objection to the resident’s request. Mr Kilpin said that he would check the trees’ position.

      Street Lights:

      1. Outstanding defects or defects reported in the last month:

        C6 College Crescent has been repaired but is now flashing all night Clerk has reported this and

        requested a visit asap.

      2. New defects to report?

        Two faults at MR6 Mill Road and the light outside Oakley Garage were noted. Clerk has since reported

        these to Aylesbury Mains.

      3. Light audit/Inspection

        The Clerk had received a reply from Aylesbury Mains regarding a three-year phased approach to the light audit. Aylesbury Mains said that because many of the lighting units in Oakley required testing, as soon as possible, as they have insufficient information as to the type and state of each unit. Whilst the Parish Council specify a three-year plan auditing a third of the lights each year, it would need to be mindful that the other 36 units would be potentially at risk. If an un-tested lighting unit were to injury a member of the public, the PC would be liable.

      Thus, the Parish Council, have agreed to having the following:


      A detailed inventory of lighting stock Test and certify lights

      TOTAL COST:

      Local Crime:

      Burglary in Oakley at Stables on Worminghall Road, between 19th and 24th November 2016 reported stolen two petrol strimmer’s and chainsaw.
      PCSO informed all to be aware of a blue transit van which is travelling around local villages, it was firstly thought there were two blue vans, but it is possible it is one van that has two different number plates. Also, Parish Council were made aware of three children in village who had been sent pornographic content to their personal phones. This is being investigated by Wheatley Park School.

      First Response Report:

      Mrs Daly reported that she is struggling to maintain the 20 hour per month that is needed to be a First Responder, however she has now attended her first responsewhich had a positive outcome.

      Churchyard extension:

      Mr Cherry informed all that it would be spring now before the seeding will take place.

      Door Step Selling:

      Signs Ordered. Clerk to update at next meeting

      Bus services:

      Chairman reported survey had been completed

      S106 Monies funds for Oakley Village/School/Sports & Leisure

      Scouting hut refurbishment This has now been given approval for 106 funding, so clerk is waiting on quotations from Scout Group. Chairman will chase.

      Kissing Gates/Replacing Styles on footpaths:

      A reply had been received a reply from Alistair McVail Rights of Way Officer North Buckinghamshire, he states in his letter that it is the responsibility of the Land Owner/Occupier of the land who is responsible for the up keep of gates and stiles on their land and in addition there is no legal requirement to cater for dogs on public right of ways. He suggested that PC contact the relevant owners and seek out their views on the gates and stiles. It was decided not to proceed with the kissing gates etc.,

      Mr Kilpin to check on the stile in Sun Crescent.

      Protection of Common Land:

      Japanese knotweed to be re-reported.
      Mr Cherry requested a letter is sent to Mr Paul Morgan expressing that Parish Council is sad to see his business leaving the village and to thank him for his upkeep of the layby, but also to point out that when purchase of premises take place it must not include the usage of the layby as this was an agreement between Oakley Parish Council and Mr Morgan.

      Bench next to Church “looking tired”

      Mr Cherry explained that this bench needs replacing. Mr Finn said he has some information on ‘recycled’ plastic benches, Mr Finn to send information to Mr Cherry.

      Bench in Oakley Village proposed by Mr Keating

      The Parish Council is currently waiting for Mr Genever to install the concrete base.

      11.18

      Proposals from meeting with Chief Executive of BCC and Oakley Parish Council

      Meeting took place on Monday evening 24th October 2016 and Chairman reported that the Communications Director attended. BCC were proposing the amalgamation of the BCC and the four district councils as a either one Bucks Unitary authority (BCC, AVDC, Chiltern, Wycombe and South Bucks) and as two Unitary authorities (North Bucks Council BCC and AVDC and South Bucks Council BCC, Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe). Whilst saving the County and District Council money, there is little to be gained from a Parish Council point of view. It should be noted the District Councils will be proposing their own way forward, not necessarily the same as the above BCC proposals.

      Ridgewick Green planning application for Distribution Centre, Cherwell District Council.

      Mr Mole will check but he thinks this has now been approved.

      Mr Salter Mowing the Nap

      Clerk reported letter had been sent to Mr Salter re mowing of The Nap.

      Remembrance Day Poppy Wreath

      Clerk has purchased the wreath and passed to Mr Mole.

      Travellers Activity on Brill Road

      Clerk had received a reply from Mr Holloway, thanking her for information sent and to assure the Parish Council that he is monitoring the situation and at present there is no one living on the land.

      Road Signs in Oakley Village

      Mr Kilpin reported he had walked around the village to check on road signs, he could only find one sign damaged which is the Brill Road sign, Mr Mole has now repaired this sign, although he reported some are not easy to read, but as these are “grubby” rather than damaged he does not see AVDC agreeing to replace such signs. He suggests the Parish Council should look getting them cleaned first.

      Discussion took place regarding asking Scouts to take on this work for a donation to the Scout Group. Photographs to be taken first.

      Meetings:

      1. Reports from meeting attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting

        24th October 2016 Chief Executive/BCC (reported in item 11.20)

      2. Future meetings:

        LAF Meeting Wednesday 9th November 2016 AGM for BMKALC Friday 11th November 2016

      Correspondence / Papers to Circulate:

      Local Government Financial Settlement 2017-18 (emailed to Councillors on 24.10.16)
      Reports from Buckinghamshire District Councils on Modernising Local Governments (emailed 25.10.16.)

      Planning:

      Matters arising concerning planning are under separate cover and will be displayed on the Notice Board and on the Website.

      Planning Enforcement Officer

      Clerk has reported on resident’s behalf the building of “Pergola” in garden in Sun Crescent.

      Precept:

      Mr Kilpin reported that the tax base for precept had been received and asked if there was anything that needed to be added to the budget before he calculates the precept.
      Mr Cherry said the Churchyard needed to be budgeted for a figure of £2K was discussed.
      Mr Mole would like £1k to be set aside for the Victoria Cross commemorative paving stone laying, if Oakley VC committee fail to get Heritage Lottery funding.

      Accounts:
      Monthly Cheques for November 2016:

      Clerks Salary and Expenses EON paid by DD 11.08.2016 Aylesbury Mains Ltd (BR3) Countrywide Maintenance Mazars

      TOTAL:

      Proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr D Pearce Countrywide Services x 4 Invoices £3600.00 paid

      £250.00 £228.70 £75.60 £1800.00 £480.00 £2834.30

      11.30 11.31

      Payment into bank on 14th October 2016 BCC Devolution Payment... £1,077.25 New Agenda Items for next meeting

      None

      Any Other Business?

      Chairman reported complaints received regarding Ashfield Rise Post-box being positioned facing the road is causing problems posting mail/postman emptying box, if a car is parked in front of it. Clerk to request that The Post Office turn it to face The Turnpike.
      Mr Kilpin asked when does the Parish Council must present a report for Devolved Services
      Clerk informed all it was March 2017.

      Mr Finn informed all that Christmas Tree light ceremony will take place on 3rd December 2016 and asked for volunteers to “shake the buckets” there will also be an auction for a handmade Santa.
      It was revealed that BT wish to remove the telephone box opposite Mr Jones house at the Turnpike/Bicester Road. A Public Notice has been attached to it on since 30
      th September announcing a consultation period of 42 days from the date of the notice and people are asked to contact their Local Authority Planning Department if they have any comments. The Parish Council do not believe it is now a viable utility within the village.

      Meeting ended at 09.21pm


      Next Oakley Parish Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday 6th December 2016 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall Mulled wine and mince pies will be supplied ahead of the meeting at 7:00pm

      Please note these are “Drafted Minutes” at the next meeting on Tuesday 6th December 2016 minutes will be ratified and agreed by Councillors and signed by Chairman Mr J Mole


      page4image38776







 page1image38552



Comments