Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

May 2012

MINUTES of the MEETING

of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

which was held on

TUESDAY, 1st May 2012

 

 

1

Present: Mr P Kilpin, Mr J Mole (Vice Chair) Mr D Pearce, Mr A Finn, Mr R Craddock,  Mr D Cherry. Five Parishioners and Mr Rand and Miss M Griffiths (Clerk to Parish Council)

 

2

Apologies: None received.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Meeting:

 

The minutes of the last meeting which was held on 3rd April 2012, were approved and signed.

 

4

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

Election of new Chairman

Mr J Mole acting as Vice Chair called for nominations for the post of Chairman for the forthcoming year.  Mr Finn nominated Mr Mole and  he was Seconded by Mr Cherry, there were no other nominations.  Mr Mole was duly elected as Chair of the Parish Council. 

For the position of Vice Chair Mr Kilpin nominated Mr Cherry and was seconded by Mr Finn, there were no other nominations.  Mr Cherry was duly elected as Vice Chair of the Parish Council.

 

A new Councillor is required and it was agreed that nominations would be needed.  MG to make sure with Bucks Association of Local Councils that the correct procedure is followed. 

 

5

Matters Arising:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

MG to action

.1

Highways Department

 

Potholes

MG advised that Potholes had been reported to Dave Smith at BCC.

 

MG advised that Dave Smith had been asked to write to the owners of 19 and 19a Brill Road regarding the collapsing pavement to the front of their properties which it is their responsibility to repair.

 

Other items to note:  (not Highways)

The kerb setts can be repaired by the Parish Council under the devolved services agreement.  Contractors should have their own insurance cover to carry out the work.  The question of value for money was raised and it was agreed that Mr Cherry would obtain a quote from a contractor and bring it to the next meeting.

 

Willows Opposite Leatherslade Farm

Agreed that this was highways land and MG to write to Dave Smith regarding the collapsing willows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr Mole to action

 

.2

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

MG reported that she had chased again and still heard nothing, Mr Rand to chase them. 

 

IBS – Bags have been removed, MG advised that she had written to them.  Mr Mole to write introducing himself as the new Chair of the Council and to thank them for removing the bags.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to action

 

 

MG, Mr Mole and Mr Cherry to action

 

 

 

 

 

.3

Play Area/Playing Field.

New play area:- The situation is still the same in that a decision re the funding is expected on the 31st May 2012 and a decision from AVDC regarding the S106 monies is still awaited.   

 

The willow has been examined but the split was not found and it was agreed that Members would have another more close look to try and observe the damage.

 

Football Pitch Drainage

Mr Pearce advised that he had taken advice on the value of verti drains and had been told that they would not work.  Mole drains are the recommended method of drainage but this will put the pitch out of action for some six months. There is not enough space on the recreation ground to mark out a new pitch for them to use in the meantime.  It was agreed that a discussion needs to be had with the football club as they may need to find an alternative pitch for some time if the drainage work is to go ahead.  A drainage plan for the pitch is thought to exist and MG is to have a look for this.  Mr Mole and Mr Cherry are to speak with the football club.

MG to Action

.4

Street Lights

Mr Mole reported that he had spoken with Mr Hopcroft regarding the tree in front of the broken light and that he will cut the tree back. MG to arrange for the repair of the light once the tree has been pruned.

 

.5

Anti Social Behaviour

Nothing new has been reported.

 

.6

Camo Skips (formerly Bucks Recycling)

Present at the meeting were three representatives of Camo Skips (who have taken over the site) : Mr George Judd (owner of the site) Mr Roger Simmons and Mr Frank Knowle.   Mr Judd gave a verbal report on the current standing of the site and the condition it had been left in by the former tenants (Bucks Recycling) and what he is intending to do with the site in the future.  He explained that he has the necessary licences to operate the site and the suitably qualified staff.  Mr Cherry raised the issue of the smaller part of the site and the access over the highway land.  Mr Judd is happy that he has planning consent to use the access that he is currently using although there are some issues that need to be clarified with BCC and AVDC before this part of the site is used.  Mr Judd advised that he wanted to be able to park staff vehicles along side the large site so that they are off the road as he believes this is more safe than parking in front of the large site which would make it difficult for lorries to access the site safely.   

D Cherry to action

.7

Parking

No further progress has been made and Mr Cherry advised that he was having difficulties finding the right person to speak to at the Housing Association. Mr Rand said that he had a contact that Mr Cherry could talk to and gave him the details.  Mr Cherry to approach the new contact.

 

.8

Signs around the village

It was noted that new signs have been seen in the Village.  There was consensus that whilst signs advertising local events and charitable events were acceptable (subject to them being removed after the event) commercial signs were not acceptable and should be removed (not put up) at all.  It was agreed that this stance be made known to the Village by way of these minutes.

 

.9

Mains Gas in Villages

Nothing further to report.

MG to action

10

Devolved Services

MG still to speak to Haddenham Parish Council regarding the operation of their devolved services works. 

MG to Action

11

Community Orchard

There was a general discussion regarding this project and it was felt that more information was needed from the Gardening Club regarding this proposal and how it is going to be managed in the future.  It was agreed that the representatives of the gardening club be asked to attend the next meeting to expand on their proposals.

 

12

Scout Hut Lights

Nothing further to report at this time.

 

 

 

5

 

Jericho Farm

Nothing further to report.

6

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

 Nothing further to report.

7

Correspondence

 

.1

Papers to Note

 

8

Planning

 

.1

 

 

 

.2

To note the following applications received:

Nothing further to report.

 

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

Nothing further to report.

9

Accounts

 

 

The following accounts to be approved for payment:

 

 

.1

 

E-On street lighting

BALC Membership

Bucks Playing Fields Assn.

A Finn (Website renewal)

Council Insurance (AON)

AVDC (Dog Bin Emptying)

M Griffiths Clerks wages

 

TOTAL

 

£150.12

£146.86

£20.00

£5.50

£532.10

£372.53

£155.00

 

 

 

 

10

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr Mole to Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J Mole to action

Any other business

 

Speed Camera.

It was noted that a mobile speed camera has been used in the village in recent weeks.  Councillors wondered what the results of the exercise had been – MG to try and find out.

 

The matter of a representative from Oakley Parish Council on the board of the Alice Carter Charity was raised with the passing of Mr Roy Fennell -  Mr Cherry volunteered to represent the Parish and all agreed.

 

A further representative is also required from the Council on the board of the Village Hall – Mr Craddock volunteered and was accepted by all.

 

The Parish Council have been asked to provide feedback on the working of the LAF, Mr Mole volunteered to provide this feedback on behalf of the Council.   Mr Mole also agreed to put in a bid for LAF monies in line with the email which has been sent round in order to try and progress the pedestrian refuge on B4011.

 

Football Club

The football club need to apply for a grant to the Football Foundation.  The application will have to be made by the Parish Council as they own the land.  Mr Mole to action.

11

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 5th June 2012 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 9.30pm

 

Comments