Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

May 2011

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 3rd May 2011

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr D Pearce, Mr A Finn, Mr P Kilpin,  Mr J Mole,  Mr D Cherry, Mr G Hopcroft

District Councillor Michael Rand

Plus 3 parishioners

 

 

2

 

Apologies

No apologies received

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 5th April 2011 were discussed and then approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4

.1

Matters Arising

Highways Department

Potholes

  • Potholes are an ongoing problem and are reported to Highways regularly.
  • The reply received from BCC on the state of the Turnpike was not acceptable.  Whilst the general reason for not maintaining minor roads is lack of funding OPC will continue to press for work on this road.

Other items to note (not highways)

 

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·          It has been noted that scalpings have been left on the lay-by opposite IBS. The Parish Council are to monitor the activity to ensure that the lay-by is not extended in any way. 

 

 

 

.3

Play Area / Playing Field

·          The playground project is ongoing.  Councillors Andy Finn and David Cherry are in the final stages of preparing quotations and selecting a company to carry out the work.

·          The tractor shed has finally been demolished.  OPC are now looking into the possibility of a storage shed by the village hall. 

 

 

 

 

.4

 

 

Street Lights

·          No street lights reported this month.

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·          No incidents reported this month.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

Action

DC

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·          Bucks Recycling's application for planning permission to relocate to Drakes Drive, Long Crendon has been turned down. As it is evident to all parties that this company has outgrown it's present site OPC are to support Bucks Recycling in their appeal to this decision.

·          It has been noted that a new entrance has been built around the site.  It is believed that this was put in by the landlord for future leasing.  However, the legality of this entrance is questionable.  BCC, Tim Fowler, is to clarify the position.

·          As this land is expected to be let to another recycling business, assurances in writing, must be received from BCC that the land will be returned to the proper original boundaries and not allowed to use the highways grass verges for operating entrances/exits from the property.

 

 

 

 

.7

Parking in College Crescent

·         Staff shortages at VAHT are still keeping this matter on hold.

 

 

 

.8

Royal Oak Public House

·          Due to the help and support of  District Councillor Michael Rand's OPC have been able to get an extension to the time limit on this decision.  At the  last planning committee meeting it was pointed out that the valuation seemed to be rather inflated when compared to other properties of a similar nature in the area.  The Chairman thanked Michael Rand for his help in this matter, it has been much appreciated.

 

 

 

 

.9

Signs around the village

·          It was questioned as to why the new speed limit signs were not positioned at the gates of the village.  This is due to a safety issue with the Thames Valley Police.

·          Most advertising boards/notices seem to be removed promptly after the event.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.10

Scrap Yard, Oxford Road

·          Clerk to contact AVDC Planning Enforcement Officer for report on this matter.

 

 

 

.11

Mains Gas in Villages

·          The deadline for the return of the flyer is 6th May.  No further information at this time.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·          Nothing further on this application this month.

 

 

Action

MK

 

6

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·          A letter is to be sent to BCC in response to the answer OPC received from Highways in respect of the LAF grant.

 

7

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • Date of next LAF meeting Wednesday 1st June at 7.30pm in Haddenham Village Hall

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • BCC:  Minutes of LAF meeting held 30 March 2011 (by e-mail)
  • BCC:  Local Area Priorities update (by e-mail)
  • BCC:  Buckinghamshire's Local Transport Plan 2011/12 – 2015/16
  • Affordable Rural Housing:  A practical  guide for parish councils
  • Parish Matters
  • Matters Arising
  • Wheatley Park School Newsletter
  • British Red Cross Buckinghamshire Open Gardens and Events 2011

 

 

8

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

No applications received this month

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

Copy of the official refusal for Bucks Recycling received by OPC

 

 

9

.1

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by P Kilpin

E-On Street lighting

Hawthorn Pest Control – Rats on Playing Field

L F Pearce & Son – Ditching round Playing Field

Aon Limited – Insurance

M Kingsnorth – Clerks Wages

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

£120.61

£280.00

£792.00

£525.96

£227.79

 £1,946.36

 

 

 

 

 

 

.2

Adoption of Accounts

Adoption of Accounts to year end 31st March, 2011

Proposed: Councillor David Cherry

Seconded: Councillor John Mole

The Statement of Assurance was approved by the Council.

 

 

 

Action

MK

10

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Vote for Chairman

·          The Parish Council has not had a vote for the past 2 terms.  This means that the Chairmanship has remained with Mr Roy Fennell.  Whilst Mr Fennell is happy to carry on and represent the village he feels that it would be fair to give other councillors the opportunity to take over the Chair.  To this end, a vote between the 7 councillors will be taken at the beginning of the next meeting, Tuesday 7th June 2011.

 

 

 

.2

Entrance to Village Hall

·          It was noted that the weeds and nettles were growing by the gates of the village hall.  Councillors to clear this area.

 

 

 

 

.3

Football Pitch

·          Whilst the ditching equipment was in the playing field Councillor Derek Pearce looked at the drainage problem on the football pitch.  It was noted that there was no blockage of the main drain but the herringbone drainage was very shallow but they could carefully mole plough the area to alleviate the flooding.

 

 

 

 

 

.4

Scout Hut

·          A request to build a path and ramp around the Scout Hut was presented to the meeting.  The councillors agreed that this would be an improvement and agreed to the request.

 

Action

MK

 

.5

Grass in Elmwood Close

·          The area in the middle of Elmwood Close has not been mowed and is now in need of attention.  Clerk to contact AVDC to add it to the grass cutting contract.

 

 

 

.6

7 Sun Crescent

·          There has been a complaint about the building extension at 7 Sun Crescent.  This is not a parish council matter and has to be taken up with Planning Control, AVDC.  District Councillor Michael Rand stated that he was aware of this matter.

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

7th June 2011 in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 9.00 pm

 

Comments