Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

May 2010

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 4th May 2010

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn,

 

Plus 1 Parishioner

 

 

2

 

Apologies

Mr G Hopcrtoft

District Councillor Michael Rand

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 6th April 2010 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

RF/DC

Action

MK

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • Potholes are reported to Highways but Bucks County Council are having difficulties with the equipment supplied for this purpose.  Cabinet Minister for transport in Bucks, Valerie Letheren, is looking at ways around this problem including changing contractors.  Councillor John Mole continues to monitor the number of potholes, which, at present, stands at over 80 within the boundary of Oakley.

Other items to note (not highways)

  • It was noted that the footpath along the front of the church needs attention. Roy Fennell and David Cherry to address this matter.
  • The triangular area outside the church gate is also in poor repair.  Clerk to ascertain ownership of this piece of land.
  • Response to the request for volunteers to help paint the seats around the village was poor with only one couple coming forward.  Clerk to follow up.

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         The amount of rubbish on the lay-by opposite IBS is causing concern.  The Parish Council  Chairman has spoken to IBS on this matter.

 

Action

MK

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         Two street lights were reported.  One by the bus shelter and one along Manor Road opposite the turning for the Turnpike.  Clerk to notify Aylesbury Mains.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Plans to update the play area are progressing.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         More graffiti has appeared in the bus shelter.  This will be repainted and cleaned as soon as the weather settles.

·         It has been noted that there is a cumulation of rubbish along the Oxford Road particularly in the gateway to Jericho Farm where the Churchill lorries used to turn in.

 

 

Action

DC

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         Councillor David Cherry has written to Tim Fowler requesting that the dispensation given to Bucks Recycling to use the highway for the entrance to their business be withdrawn immediately they move out of this site.  The reply received was unsatisfactory.  District Councillor Michael Rand has spoken to Tim Fowler on this matter and requested that  Councillor David Cherry contact Tim Fowler again for an answer.

 

 

 

.7

Land at Oxford Road

·         All documentation has been returned to Aylesbury Vale District Council for completion.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         No further developments to this planning application this month.

 

 

6

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         Parking has improved along Elmwood Close and no incidents of vehicles obstructing the path has been noted this month.

 

 

Action

MK

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         The pedestrian refuge crossing is ongoing and a meeting will take place between members of BCC and OPC at the end of May.

 

 

 

 

8

 

Local Transport / Bus Service

·         Councillor John Mole will continue to monitor the situation with local transport but this item will now be removed from the agenda.

 

 

9

 

Seat Dedication Plate

·         The plaque has now been fitted.  Item to be removed from the agenda.

 

 

Action

MK

10

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • Local Area Forum Delegated Budget Bid 2011-12.  discussion took place on the projects outstanding and it was decided to apply for funding for the pedestrian refuge crossing and the VAS for Oakley.

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC: Information about meetings
  • Open Spaces Society – Reopening the gates
  • BALC:  Matters Arising

 

 

12

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

10/00365/ALB

10 Oxford Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9RE

Replacement windows and doors

Decision:  No Objection

 

10/00391/APP

Home Farm 10 Oxford Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9RE

Erection of outbuildings comprising garage, workshop/store and garden room

Decision:  No Objection

 

08/02509/APP

Nap Farm The Nap Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9PW

Demolition of existing barns and erection of one chalet style bungalow with three open garages

Decision:  No Objection

 

10/00706/APP

29 Manor Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QT

Erection of detached garage – Amendment to planning approval 09/00778/APP

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

10/00310/APP

2 Meadow Close Oakley HP18 9QP

Conversion of existing garage into a dining room and erection of new detached garage to front of property

Decision:  Permit

 

09/00244/APP

Manor Farm Manor Road Oakley HP18 9QD

Conversion of traditional farm buildings to form 4 dwellings, demolition of existing agricultural buildings and erection of terrace of 5 dwellings

Decision: Permit

 

 

13

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  D Pearce

 

E-On – Street Lights

Westbury Groundcare grass cutting

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£118.10

£493.50

£211.48

 £823.06

 

 

14

 

Adoption of Accounts

Adoption of Accounts to year end 31st March, 2010

Proposed:  D Cherry

Seconded:  J Mole

The Statement of Assurance was approved by the Council.

 

 

 

 

15

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Village Hall Car Park

·         It was agreed that the entrance to the Village Hall needs attention.  The potholes will be repaired as soon as the work can be arranged with the contractor.

·         Saturday 16th May has been set for weeding and clearing the car park.

 

 

.2

 

 

Library Services

·         The Library van will stop at the bottom of Ashfield Rise before going onto the School on the regular library days.  Thanks go to Mrs Win Cherry for her persistent effort on behalf of those who use the library for this result.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

Hedge on Thame Road

·         The willow hedge is again growing out onto the road at the bend past Morgans on the Thame Road.  Clerk to request Highways to send a letter to the owner.

 

Action

MK

 

.4

The Glebe

·         Clerk to confirm whether any change of use is require for the land purchased for the Glebe.

 

15

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

1st June  2010 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm

 

Comments