Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

May 2009

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 5th May 2009

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn

District Councillor Mr Michael Rand

Plus 6 Parishioners

 

2

 

Apologies

Mr G Hopcroft

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 7th April 2009 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

·          

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

Action

DC

 

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • Potholes are still causing concern and are being reported to Highways. 
  • Brill Road and Worminghall Road are due for repair in the next phase of the

                bid for Transportation 2009/2010                  

Other items to note (not highways)

  • The tree overhanging the footpath on the Bicester Road has still not been removed.  Councillor Cherry to address this matter.
  • One large kerbsett has been dislodged on the Bicester Road outside Rambler Cottage.  Clerk to report to Highways.

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         Nothing further reported

 

 

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         Nothing reported this month

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Dog fouling is still being  found in the play area of the playing field.  The gates have been repaired but are still very difficult to operate.  Quote to be obtained for a new fence and gates.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         A Tom Tom Sat Nav was stolen from a car in Forge Close.  This has been reported to the police.

·         The swings in the play area had been wound up and knotted around the frame.  This was reported to CPO

 

Action

MK/DC

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         Large bonfires are still noted at this site.  Parish Council to keep up pressure on AVDC and Environmental Agency. There is also concern about the parking of the lorries on the grass verge again.  Councillor Cherry is to write to John Bercow MP again. 

 

 

 

.7

 

 

The Glebe

·         The meeting has been arranged and this matter can now be removed from the agenda.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.8

 

Land at Oxford Road

·         Matter is progressing.

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

.9

 

Sewers

·         Only the main sewer pipes through the village have been adopted by Thames Water.  Residents are advised to check their deeds as to which part of the sewer system they are responsible.  It was requested that a notice be published in the Oakley Informer to bring this matter to the attention of residents.

 

 

 

.10

Plaque on the Seat outside School

·         Mrs Wanless has advised the Chairman that the plaque will be replaced by her brother.  This item can now be closed.

 

Action

RF

 

 

.12

Milestone on Bicester Road

·         Due to the age and condition of this milestone renovation may not be possible.

·          

 

5

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         Completion date has still to be announced but some applicants have been contacted.  The Parish Council are disappointed that they have not been included in any of the decisions made by AVDC on allocation.

 

 

Action

RF

6

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         Mr Jack Peters, Planning Consultant for Mr Doug Florent, has requested a meeting with the Parish Council with regard to the new planning application.  The Chairman to contact Mr Peters.

 

 

Action

MK

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         The Parish Council still cannot progress this matter as the new departments at Ringway Jacobs have not yet been finalised.  Clerk to contact County Councillor Michael Edmunds,. Tim Fowler, Transportation and Val Letheren, Cabinet Member - Transportation

 

 

8

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • NAG AGM on the 6th May at 7pm at the Walter Rose Room at Haddenham Village Hall.
  • Parish Paths Partnership – Claim Forms and Work Proposed

 

 

.2

 

·         Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • BCC:     Buy with Confidence Scheme
  • AVDC:  News for the parishes
  • Haddenham & Long Crendon Area Newsletter
  • Equality and Human Rights Commission Public Sector Duties
  • Minutes of NAG Meeting on 11th March 2009

 

9

 

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

09/00081/APP

49 Brill Road  Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QN

Erection of first floor side extension over existing single storey element, demolition of conservatory and erection of replacement rear extension, and erection of front porch.

Decision:  No Objection

 

09/00477/APP

1 Mill Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9PX

Demolition of existing garage and erection of replacement garage, single storey side and two storey rear extensions

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

 

09/00521/APP

13 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QU

Erection of single storey rear extension

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

 

.2

 

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

09/00081/APP

49 Brill Road  Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QN

Erection of first floor side extension over existing single storey element, demolition of conservatory and erection of replacement rear extension, and erection of front porch.

Decision:  Permit

 

09/00220/APP

29 Manor Road  Oakley  Buckinghamshire HP18 9QT

Single storey rear extensions, first floor side extension, new bay window to side, detached garage and alterations to existing access

Decision:  Permit

 

09/00005/APP

6 Oxford Road  Oakley  Buckinghamshire  HP18 9RE

Demolition of outbuildings, erection of two storey side extension and replacement garage.  Installation of replacement windows and chimney stack

Decision:  Permit

 

10

 

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  D Pearce.

 

E-On – Street Lights

Aylesbury Mains – Street Lights

Allianz – Oakley Parish Council Insurance

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

115.38

40.45

449.84

201.50

807.17

     

 

 

11

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Shingle Drives

A parishioner requested that something be done about the amount of shingle dragged onto the footpath from residents shingle drives.  As more people are using shingle for drives and front gardens it was requested that perhaps the residents could sweep it back  onto their own properties.  The Chairman suggested  that perhaps this could be added to the worksheet for Highways 2-man gangs.

 

 

.2

Oakley Big Tidy Up

The big Tidy Up week-end is scheduled for the week-end after Village Day and Bike Race day.  The Parish Council would like to involve all organisations and children to make this a community week-end. 

 

 

12

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 2nd       June 2009 at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.35 pm

 

Comments