Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

March 2012

MINUTES of the MEETING

of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

which was held on

TUESDAY, 6th March 2012

 

 

1

Present: Mr P Kilpin, Mr J Mole (Chair) Mr D Pearce, Mr A Finn, Mr R Craddock,  Mr D Cherry. Four members of the public. Miss M Griffiths (Clerk to Parish Council)

 

2

Apologies: Mr R Fennell.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Meeting:

 

The minutes of the last meeting which was held on 7th February 2012, were approved and signed.

 

4

Matters Arising:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

.1

Highways Department

 

Potholes

Those in Worminghall Road have been outlined in white so will be dealt with soon.  MG reported that D Smith (of BCC) had advised that the ones in the Brill Road are not big enough at present but that he is monitoring them. 

 

J Mole reported that the pavement between Maple Court and 19 Brill Road is collapsing, MG to report.

 

Other items to note:  (not Highways)

Damaged kerb setts outside the Church and in Manor Road have still not been fixed but MG reported that they would be done when the road gang was next in the area.

 

 

MG to action

.2

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

MG reported that nothing had been heard from AVDC on Horton Cars or IBS despite two emails.  MG to chase again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

 

All to investigate

 

Play Area/Playing Field.

The hawthorn on Little London Green has not been removed and must be taken down quickly before birds begin nesting in it.

New play area:- A Finn advised that the application for grant funding for the new play area has been submitted.  He also advised that he had received a letter from Mr A Horton at AVDC regarding the siting of the play ground directly adjacent to houses, apparently new guidance says that the play ground is too close.  However adjacent residents will write to Mr Horton to advise that they are happy with the location.  Mr Finn pointed out that the playground was there before the houses.  In   any case it does not appear that the location will be a problem.  Mr Finn also advised that before the s106 monies can be released the new  playground will have to signed off by an independent inspector which will not be a problem as Wicksteeds inspector is an independent one. 

 

The split willow on the boundary of the recreation ground with Mr Hopcroft's yard has not been inspected and Councillors will have a look at it before the next meeting and then discuss what to do with it then.

Grass Cutting: MG reported that quotes had been received from both Westbury and Oakley Pre-School.  Westbury are proposing a  £10 increase per cut for the main playing field and a £5 increase per cut for the Nap, the Lay-by on Thame Road and Little London.  The pre-School are not proposing to increase their price.   Mr Cherry proposed that the bids be accepted and all were happy to agree.  MG to write to the parties and confirm this with them.

 

It was reported that someone has been riding a horse on the recreation ground.  No one at the meeting knew who the person was and it was agreed that Councillors would try to find out so that they could be asked not to do this again.

 

J Mole to Action

.4

Street Lights

MG reported that the last light going out of the village at the end of Oxford Road could not be repaired because the tree around it has to be cut back.  J Mole to speak with Mr Hopcroft.

 

A Finn to action

.5

Anti Social Behaviour

D Cherry reported that on several occasions very late at night cars had been seen in College Crescent acting suspiciously.  Councillors agreed that the PCSOs should be asked to attend the next meeting as they have not attended for some months.

D Cherry to action

.6

Bucks Recycling

No further update from Planning has been received.  Clerk advised that Dave Smith of BCC had replied to her email saying that he was aware of the situation and that he was monitoring it.  D Cherry said that he would try to speak to Tim Fowler of BCC regarding reinstatement of the verge.  D Cherry also to attend the next LAF meeting on the 21st of March to discuss the matter with Cllr Edmonds.

 

D Cherry to action

.7

Parking

No further progress has been seen and D Cherry said he would phone the Housing Association to find out when the work is going to start.

 

 

.8

Signs around the village

One of the two signs reported in the last minutes has been removed and the other one will be removed before the next meeting.  Nothing further was reported.

 

 

.9

Mains Gas in Villages

Mr Finn has been advised that Chris Huhne's MP replacement will deal with his enquiry in due course and Mr Bercow has replied saying that he will chase the Chairman of British Gas for a reply to his last letter regarding the cost of connecting the villages to the gas network.

 

MG to action

10

Devolved Services

MG produced the legal document provided by BCC which will be circulated to all for them to check as soon as possible so that the matter can be concluded before the end of the financial year. 

 

11

Parish Council Precept 2012 - 2013

Parish Council Precept will show a rise of 4.0% compared with last year.  This is because inadvertantly it had been reduced last year  by 3.1% instead of a nil rise.

5

 

Little London Green

MG advised that the final party has now paid and this item can now be removed from the agenda.

 

6

 

 

Jericho Farm

Nothing to report.

7

D Cherry to Action

SID/Traffic Calming Measures Mr Cherry has written again to Anne-Marie Davis of BCC but has not had a reply.  He will raise the matter at the next LAF meeting. 

8

Correspondence

 

.1

Papers to Note

 

10

Planning

 

.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

11/02776/APP

7 Brookside Close, Oakley

Demolition of existing garage and porch.  Erection of single front and side extensions incorporating new integral garage.

Decision: No Objection

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

11/02624/APP

3 Oxford Road, Oakley

Single storey front extension and change to dormer with pitch roof to single storey front extension (amendment to planning application 11/01928/APP)

Decision: Permit  

11

Accounts

 

 

The following accounts to be approved for payment:

 

 

.1

 

E-On street lighting

M Griffiths Clerks wages

Oakley Pre-School (grass cutting)

Aylesbury Mains Ltd.

TOTAL

 

£150.13

£

£620.00

£54.47

 

 

 

 

12

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

J Mole to Action

 

 

 

 

 

All to action

 

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

Any Other Business

Village freighter: MG confirmed that the freighter coming to the village on the 8th of March would be the last free one and that there would be no further freighters coming to the village.  All expressed their unhappiness at the loss of the service.

 

D Pearce raised the matter of the spoil from the ditch which he has dumped on the very bottom of the recreation ground.  The Gardening Club (two members of which were in attendance) asked to raise a matter relating to this land.  As part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations they would like to create a Community Orchard on the land covered by this spoil.  No trees would be planted until October and they would maintain the trees at their own expense.  The idea would be that villagers could help themselves to fruit in due course and add trees for special occasions or in remembrance. All agreed that this seemed like a good idea.  D Pearce advised that no trees should be planted closer than 6m from the ditch so that it can be maintained.  R Craddock thought that the area of the orchard should be limited.  It was agreed that the Gardening Club should present a formal proposal at the next meeting.

 

A Finn raised a point about Diamond Jubilee Celebrations and one proposal which was being suggested of a large stone in the flower mound at the Long Crendon entrance to the village.  Mr Finn advised that the original idea had been to erect a small retaining wall around the mound with a small plaque on it in commemoration.  In any case neither  idea will go forward as the third party who it was originally thought might provide the stone have decided not to.

 

Several people raised the question what was going on with a piece of land on the right hand side of the Brill Road going out of the village just past the village signs.  Someone has been seen on the land clearing it and there was concern that this might be without the owners knowledge.  J Mole to investigate.

 

Mr Finn tabled a proposed constitution for the Council which all are to look at before the next meeting so that it can be discussed and voted on.

 

MG raised a request from the Scout group for financial help with reinstating the electric supply to the lights along the footpath from Worminghall Road to the Scout hut.  Mr Kilpin advised that this electric supply had been installed originally without the Councils consent and that at no time had the Council maintained it or agreed to do so.  It was agreed that MG should write to the Scouts requesting a quote for the work and pointing out that the Council had never accepted any responsibility for it. MG to point out to the Scouts that any work which the Council agreed to must be carried out by a suitably qualified electrician in accordance with all relevant regulations.

 

It was agreed that a further signatory for Council cheques and documents should be appointed. After discussion it was proposed by Derek Pearce and seconded by Andy Finn that Dave Cherry be appointed as a new signatory.  MG to obtain relevant forms from the bank

 

13

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,  3rd April 2012, at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.48pm

 

Comments