Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

March 2010

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 2nd March 2010

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn,

Mr G Hopcroft

District Councillor Michael Rand,

Plus 3 Parishioners

 

 

2

 

Apologies

No apologies received

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 2nd February 2010 were discussed and an amendment made as follows.  Item 5, last sentence, replace the word should with the word could.  The minutes were then approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • The edge of the road seems to be sinking along the Worminghall Road opposite the school. Clerk to report this to Highways.
  • The trench along Manor Road is sinking again.  Clerk to inform Highways.
  • The problem with the depression outside 33 Worminghall Road is ongoing.
  •  Councillor John Mole reported 83 highway defects within the village speed limits.  All will be reported to Highways

               

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Due to the inclement weather priority has been given to repairing potholes in the county therefore no other repairs will be carried out for the immediate future.

 

 

Action

RF

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         A pile of scalpings have been left at the end of the lay-by on the Thame Road opposite IBS.   The bollards at the end of the lay-by have disappeared.  Chairman to contact IBS 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         The street light along Bradley Close  was reported.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         The playing field has been too wet to use for the football matches through the winter.  The Parish Council and Oakley Football Club are seeking advice on drainage.

·         The condition of the tractor shed was discussed and it was confirmed that the shed will be removed when a large vehicle can get on the playing field without causing too much damage to the ground.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         Several incidents have been reported this month, theft from a car in College Crescent, a burglary on Worminghall Road  and theft of a Range Rover from Brill Road.  Thames Valley Police have informed the parish council that one stolen car is found in Oakley every day.  Any suspicious behaviour should be reported to  Crimestoppers.

 

 

 

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         Councillor David Cherry has written to Tim Fowler requesting that permission to use the highway and verges for access to this business cease immediately when Bucks Recycling move out of these premises.

 

 

 

.7

Land at Oxford Road

·         The agreement has been signed and returned to Lightfoot solicitors

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         No further developments to this planning application this month

 

 

6

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         A date of 15th March has been given to start the construction of the footpath along Elmwood Close

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         The criteria for the survey for the VAS signs was discussed.  As Oakley has no crash record a speed data survey would need to be implemented.  This would be at a cost of £300 per site.   District Councillor Michael Rand suggested that the data collected by the Area 11 Speed Review may be utilised if it is available.  Clerk to ascertain if this information is available.

·         OTAG members reported that they had attended a funding seminar and would be attending the Bucks Funding Fair to try to obtain some funding for the VAS project in Oakley.

 

 

 

Action

JM

8

 

Local Transport / Bus Service

·         Charlton Services have reduced the cost of running the bus to Bicester.  Councillor John Mole to contact Valerie Letheren, Minister for Transport requesting that this now be considered for funding by Bucks County Council.

 

 

9

 

Seat Dedication Plate

·         Councillor Roy Fennel has removed the plaque from the seat and taken it to Thame for renovation.

·         It was also noted that all the seats around the village are in need of renovation.  A request for volunteers to help repair and paint the seats is to go in the Oakley Informer

 

 

10

 

Donation for Oakley School to produce posters for Traffic Calming

·         It was agreed that the Parish Council would make a donation towards these posters but requested  more information particularly to size and positioning of the posters and whether there was any planning regulations or  police policy on the siting of the posters.

 

 

11

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • BCC – Road repairs for  the patch and plane programme.  Following a short discussion it was agreed to nominate Manor Road and Worminghall Road for priority in the maintenance programme for Spring 2010.
  • Inaugural BCA Community Led Planning Recognition Awards

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  Parish Youth Councils
  • Cherwell District Council – Draft Core Strategy
  • BALC:  Matters Arising
  • Open Space Society Magazine
  • BCC:  Public Transport timetable

 

 

 

12

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

No new applications received this month

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

09/02225/APP

Moorleys Farm Thame Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QQ

Extension to agricultural building for grain storage and hard standing

Decision:  Permit

 

 

13

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  J Mole

 

E-On – Street Lights December

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£118.10

£202.75

 £320.85

 

 

 

Action

MK

14

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Travellers

·         It has been noted that the van has returned to park in the gateway to the airfield overnight but no further incidents of fouling the area have been reported. 

 

Action

MK

 

.2

 

 

Library Services

·         It has been noted that the visiting library service which delivers books to those people who are unable to get to the mobile library is to be discontinued. No notification has been received by the parish council.  Clerk to contact Mr Steve Skidmore,  Library Services.

 

 

15

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

6th April 2010 at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.45 pm

 

Comments