Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

June 2011

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 7th June 2011

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr D Pearce, Mr P Kilpin,  Mr J Mole,  Mr D Cherry, Mr R Craddock

District Councillor Michael Rand

 

Plus 1 parishioner

 

 

2

 

Apologies

Councillor Andy Finn

 

 

3

 

Vote on Chairman and Vice Chairman

By a unanimous vote Mr Roy Fennell was re-elected as Chairman and Mr John Mole re-elected as Vice Chairman.  The Declaration of Acceptance of Office was duly signed by all councillors present.

 

 

4

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd May  2011 were discussed, two amendments noted, and then approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

 

5

.1

Matters Arising

Highways Department

Potholes

  • The condition of the roads around the village is a constant concern to the Parish Council and the return of the Churchill lorries will only magnify  the problem.  Clerk to contact Highways.

Other items to note (not highways)

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·          Horton Cars appear to be selling cars from the premises.  It has also been noted that the transporter is often parked on the grass verge opposite.

·          It has also been reported  that the lay-by used by IBS seems to be getting larger.  It has also been reported that IBS are using the entrance to their yard and the grass verge to the front of the buildings for displaying their bench seats and statues.  Clerk to contact Highways

 

 

 

.3

Play Area / Playing Field

·          Councillors David Cherry and Andy Finn have visited other playgrounds to assess the equipment.  It is hoped to have a draft plan for funding application ready for the next parish council meeting.  The next funding application deadline for WREN is 24th August 2011.

·          It was noted that a large polythene sheet has appeared where the tractor shed stood.  Councillors to investigate what the sheet is covering.

 

 

 

 

.4

 

 

Street Lights

·          No street lights reported this month.

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·          Fouling in the bus shelter has occurred again.

·          Equipment has been stolen from a vehicle in Brookside.  Clerk to contact PCSO. 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·          The recent fire at Bucks Recycling is being treated as arson.

·          The Parish Council have still not heard from BCC, Tim Fowler, confirming that the grass verges are to be restored and not used by the incoming tenants as part of the business.  Clerk to contact BCC.

 

 

 

.7

Royal Oak Public House

·         The District Valuer has reassessed the annual rent rather than the actual purchase price of the property.  It is felt that no attempt has been made to maintain the property to sell as a public house.   A further meeting is expected on the 30 June 2011.

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.8

Parking around the village

·          The problem of parking in College Crescent has been raised with Vale of Aylesbury Housing Trust.  However, staff shortages are delaying further negotiations.

·          It has been reported that vehicles are using the patch of ground at the top of School Lane for turning and parking.  The wooden posts have been damaged and broken.  Clerk to contact Highways.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.9

Signs around the village

·          The Police Operation in  Progress sign is causing some concern as it blocks the vision to the left when turning onto Manor Road from Worminghall Road.  Clerk to contact PCSO.

 

 

 

.10

Scrap Yard, Oxford Road

·          AVDC Planning Enforcement Officer has visited the site and is following up the enforcement procedure.

 

 

 

.11

Mains Gas in Villages

·          The Brill parish clerk will contact Oakley parish clerk when there is any information following the initial survey.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·          Nothing further on this application this month.

 

 

 

6

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·          Oakley Parish Council are meeting with Bucks County Council to discuss their concerns on this project and how it has been handled from the start.

 

7

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • Meeting with Planning Team for Vale of Aylesbury Plan arranged for Tuesday 14th June at 6.30 pm in the village hall committee room.

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • LAF Minutes and Notes (e-mail)
  • Open Spaces Society
  • AVDC:  Parish update – May 2011
  • AVDC:  Parish update Note HS2 – May 2011
  • Community Impact Bucks:  Providing support for digital TV switchover
  • The Playing Field
  • Clerks and Councils Direct

 

 

8

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

No applications received this month

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

No decisions received this month

 

 

9

.1

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by J Mole

E-On Street lighting

Open Spaces Society - Subscription

Bucks Recycling Ltd – Asbestos removal skip

M R Cross – grass cutting

M Kingsnorth – Clerks Wages

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

£150.12

£40.00

£614.40

£504.00

£137.70

 £1,446.22

 

 

 

 

 

 

.2

Parish Clerk on PAYE

As from 6th April 2011 parish clerks can no longer be self-employed.  They must be employed by the Parish Council and registered for PAYE.

 

 

 

10

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Playing Field / Football Pitch

·          It was suggested that the basketball area should be included in the plan for the redevelopment of the play area.

·          Councillor Derek Pearce felt that it was too dry for mole-ploughing the football pitch in time for the special match on 23rd July and would be better to wait until next year.

 

 

 

.2

Little London Green

·          It was reported that raw sewage is flowing into the open culvert running along Little London Green .  Parish Council to contact Environmental Agency.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

Scouts

·          It has been requested that the Scouts be given a key to the bollard at the entrance to the Playing Field in case of an emergency.  Clerk to order new key.

 

 

 

 

 

.4

Oakley Relief in Need

·          The council member sitting on the Charities Committees should be elected  by the parish council.

 

Action

MK

 

.5

29 College Crescent

·          The parish council are still looking into why this property has remained empty.  District Councillor Michael Rand is to speak to VAHT.

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

5th July 2011 in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.35 pm

 

Comments