Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

July 2010

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 6th July 2010

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr D Cherry, Mr D Pearce, Mr P Kilpin, Mr A Finn, Mr G Hopcroft

District Councillor Michael Rand

Plus 1 Parishioner

 

 

2

 

Apologies

Mr J Mole

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 1st June 2010 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • Highways are progressing through the list of potholes already compiled by Oakley Parish Council.  New potholes reported are forwarded to Highways to add to this list.

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Nothing reported this month

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·          Nothing reported this month

 

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·          No new street light repair reported this month

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

ALL

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Steven Woodd of KOMPAN Unique Playgrounds addressed the meeting putting forward ideas for the Parish Council to assess for the upgrading of  the play area.  Posters will be on display showing possible new designs and equipment for the playground along with a questionnaire on Village Day.

·         The tractor shed will be removed as soon as the contents have been sorted and removed.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·          Nothing to report this month.

 

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·          Bucks Recycling admitted liability to the traffic accident last month.

·          Councillor David Cherry continues to monitor the progress with AVDC.

 

 

 

.7

Land at Oxford Road

·          This transaction is has now been completed.  Item to be removed from the agenda

 

 

 

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·          No further developments to this planning application this month.

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

 

 

 

6

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·          The costings for the new design for the pedestrian crossing on the Bicester Road have not yet been received from BCC.  Clerk to contact BCC for latest information.

·          The moveable VAS signs will not be available in Buckinghamshire for at least two years until the trial at Ford has been completed.  Any  expenditure on the permanent signs will be dependent on the costings for the new island design

·          The new speed limits resulting from the Area 11 Speed Review are expected to be implemented October/November 2010

 

 

7

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • AVDC:  Bulk Refuge Collection dates

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  Information about meetings
  • AVDC:  News
  • BCC:  Children & Young People
  • Lightfoots – Title Information Document
  • Open Spaces Society
  • Minutes of OTAG meeting
  • Chiltern Railways
  • Coombe Hill Monument Appeal Acknowledgement
  • AVDC: Standards Committee Training Session
  • Vale Brewery – The Royal Oak
  • Buckingham Town Council – Local Governance Consultation
  • LCR

 

 

8

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

10/00982/APP

Royal Oak PH 2 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY

Change of use from mixed public house (Class A4) and residential (Class C3) to use as single dwelling house (Class C3)

Decision: Oppose

 

10/01180/APP

10 Mill Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9PX

Conversion of existing garage into family room, new single garage and front entrance and first floor side extension

Decision: No Objection

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

10/00020/APP

57 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QX

Two storey rear extension with dormer window to front

Decision: Permit

 

 

 

 

9

1.

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  P Kilpin

 

E-On – Street Lights

Grass cutting (May)

Lightfoots Solicitors (Oxford Road)

Aylesbury Mains (Inv 11473)

Aylesbury Mains (Inv 11475)

Grass cutting (June)

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£118.10

£493.50

£1001.37

£97.41

£39.48

£740.25

£206.20

 £2696.31

 

 

 

Action

MK

10

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Hedges around the village

·          It was reported that the hedge at the bottom of the Nap needs cutting back

·          It has been reported that the hedge and weeds at the top of Mill Road need cutting back.

·          Clerk to contact Highways with a view to clearing the area around the phone box on the Bicester Road / Turnpike junction.

 

Action

MK

 

.2

 

 

Seats and Noticeboard

·          Two people have volunteered to help with the upkeep of the seats around the village.  Clerk to contact these volunteers.

·          It has been reported that the noticeboard on the garage forecourt needs attention.  It has also been suggested that it be moved to the grass area between the garage and Elmwood Close as the path in front of the garage is quite narrow for people to stand and read the notices.

 

Action

RF/MK

 

.3

Bus Shelter

·          It has been reported that the bus timetable in the bus shelter is unreadable and incorrect.  Following discussion it was decided that the bus shelter should be cleaned and painted and a new timetable obtained.

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

Footpaths

·          The parish council are still receiving complaints about cars obstructing the footpaths.  All incidents will be reported to PCSO and TV Police.

·          The footpath along the front of the Church is quite narrow.  Clerk to ascertain whether permission could be granted for Oakley Parish Council to make this a little wider to facilitate pushchairs and wheelchairs.

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

3rd August  2010 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.55 pm

 

Comments