Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

January 2016

Minutes for OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Held on Tuesday 5th January 2016 at 7.30pm

 

Open question time for Parishioners:  3 Parishioners attended, no questions were forthcoming.

1.                   Present:  Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr A Finn, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, Mr R Craddock, Mrs M Daly and Mr M Rand (AVDC) Mrs A Macpherson (BCC) Mrs P Pointer, Clerk to the Parish

2.                   Apologies:  Mr D Cherry

3.                   Minutes of the last meeting:

The minutes of the last meeting, held Tuesday 1st December 2015, were proposed for approval by Mr A Finn and seconded by Mr J Mole and signed by the Chairman

4.                   BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TFB):

It was reported by Mrs Macpherson that we have a new TFB Highways Technician, Mr Ian Crome (IC).  Mrs Macpherson gave a report to the Parish Council from Mr Crome after his visit to the village.  

2016 scheduled work:

IC: I am aware of some ‘overlay’ works for Worminghall Road that are programmed for 2016. Unfortunately, I cannot be specific as to when exactly these works will commence.

Reported road defects:

The Turnpike –ongoing since 2012. IC: I am awaiting confirmation from Paul Foot (previous TfB Highways Technician) on status.

Pothole to report outside 23 Oxford Road, Oakley- IC:  Pothole in carriageway inspected today and depth measured. Depth is at 20mm deep therefore not actionable immediately due to budget constraints. Remove from agenda.

Reported pavement defects:

Pavement Brill Road/Maple Court still outstanding – reported Aug 2012. – IC: This is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works likely to take place financial year 2016/2017.

Pavement on Manor Road opposite Manor Farm – crumbling – reported Oct 2014. IC: This is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works likely to take place financial year 2016/2017.

Pavement collapsed on Oxford Road, past Village Hall on left on leaving village – reported Dec 2014. IC: Order has been raised to repair this defect and assigned to Paul Foot. It is anticipated this will be completed within the next 28 days.

Pavement in College Crescent Opposite No.50 - reported Apr 2015.  Mrs Macpherson has emailed TfB regarding this matter. IC: Order has been raised to repair this defect and assigned to Paul Foot. It is anticipated this will be completed within the next 28 days.

Reported drain defects:

RC/PP    Manor Road drain cover – reported Oct 2014. – This has already been reported to Thames Water (TW) in February 2015. IC: I learned today the reported defect is outside 21 Manor Road. Having inspected the footway, I can see two TW utilities within the footway, both of which exhibit no sign of defect, and are flush to the footway surface? As a precautionary measure I also checked outside no.21 Oxford Road just to be sure, and no such defect was found. RC to confirm location and nature of issue and get clerk to re-report.

Drain cover outside church – reported April 2015. Mr Mole reported this has been completed. Remove from agenda.

Other defects:

White lining and cat’s eyes at The Foresters reported May 2014—IC:  Double white line requirement is needed here along with replacement ‘cats eyes’. Due to the nature of the road, specific traffic management will be required in order to complete the required works safely. I am currently in the process of making enquiries as to : (1) whether the order has been given to complete the white lines, and if not, raise an order, and (2) double check with our CMP team as to the spec of cat’s eyes now used, whether bedded in to the carriageway surface course, or stick on to the top of the carriageway surface.

AMcp     Clerk has reported to BCC that a tree (next to BT10 – opposite Rambler Cottage) needs cutting. This was reported Aug 2014. The Parish Council had already ascertained the tree in on Highways land. Mr Mole explained there are two trunks, one in the field and one on Highways land. The Highways tree is obscuring the street light and preventing the lighting of the path alongside Bicester Road. Once TfB cut their tree, the Parish Council will review if the foliage from the second trunk is also causing an issue. Mrs Macpherson to follow up.

JM           Willow tree opposite Leatherslade Farm ready to fall into road. Clerk has reported to TfB IC:  I was unable to locate ‘Leatherslade Farm’ – no road name or more definitive location has seemingly been provided. Mr Mole will send details...

Bicester Road- Junction with Hill View is crumbling away, due to excessive water collecting at the entrance to Hill View. IC: The carriageway surface is still in relatively good condition, but showing early signs of crumbing. I noted that there are no highway gullies within Bicester Road at this location which would indicate this is why there is occasional standing water within Hill View. I will locate the drainage plans at this location and check feasibility as to whether additional gullies could be installed in order to drain the bell mouth junction of Hill View

Kerb sets opposite 100 Bicester Road – Clerk reported –IC: Two kerb setts found that are slightly loose at the location. An order has been raised to have these attended to within the next 28 days.

No new defects to report

Memorial seats - JM and DC to report on any progress. – No update. Remove from next agenda

5.                   Play Area/Playing Field:

i)           Playing Field

                                Multi Use Games Area and Outside Gym: Mr Cherry will follow up for next meeting.

ii)          Acorn Trail (footpath)

                         Update on LAF lighting submission. – LAF submission forms have been completed and returned. Mr Mole will speak to LAF Chairman. Mr Rand reported that the submission had been received and LAF were looking at the submission which ‘ticked’ all the priorities for LAF funding, however BCC budgetary constraints are being experienced and this may not be funded.

MR                   Mr Rand informed all that a LAF meeting had been arranged for February – clerk informed that she had received no email with new date of meeting as of today.

PP                     Clerk has emailed Mr Haynes re problem with cracks on the new footpath. Parish Council is still awaiting update. Clerk to chase.

iii)        Dog Waste Bins

RC/PP              Mr Craddock confirmed we had received part of the order, awaiting rest of order.

AF                     Mr Finn will order 10 stickers for the waste bins for next meeting.  Mr Finn had not received order.

                         Clerk reported that she had informed Council of the new dog waste bin and it is now on the list to be emptied.

iv)     Survey of playing field:

JM                    Mr Mole reported he has obtained one laminate A1 copy and A2 paper maps, two of the north and two for the south of playing field. He will organise the lamination of one pair of these.

v)      Bowling Green Peppercorn Rent

PP                     Clerk will give to Chairman for final check. Mr Mole to then organise signing with Mr Ashurst, chairman of Oakley Bowling Club

vi)     Wickstead Repair to Children’s Playground

PK/PP              It was agreed that this repair would not be paid to Wickstead and it was also agreed that the letter Mr Kilpin will be updated and passed to Clerk to send by email.

6.                   Street Lights defects:

i)           Enquiry underway for quotations for following new lamps:

·       Bicester Road, Churchfield House, between: Bicester Road 7 (BT7) – The Nap turn and Bicester Road 8 (BT8) – Church entrance – Bicester side. There is an electricity pole in the right place.

·       Middle of Ashfield Rise – no electricity nearby

·       17 Brill Road – no electricity pole nearby

RC                     Mr Craddock having trouble getting a meeting arranged due to heavy work load. Mr Mole reminded Mr Craddock that this does need to move forward.

ii)          Existing defects

PP                     Light M1 – still not working – awaiting pole replacement – Clerk to report to Aylesbury Mains Ltd

PP                     Light on Bicester Road – opposite Phone box (BT5) – clerk will re report as still not working.

PP                     BT1 – Brookside – clerk to report

PP                     Brill Road, outside No 1 The Views – clerk to report

PP                     Lower end of Sun Crescent – clerk to report

7.                   Local crime

PP           Discussions took place regarding burglary and multiple thefts taking place in the village over the last month. It was agreed for Clerk to request TVP Suzan Jones to attend the next Oakley Parish Council Meeting to give an update on the increased crime in the area.  It was also agreed to create a “new heading” on the Agenda from next month called “Crime”.

8.                   Youth Meeting

JM           It was agreed that the Youth meetings would run for the next 6 months on a monthly basis by Councillor Mrs Daly and the Clerk Mrs P Pointer. As there is no funding available through Councillor Mrs Macpherson, it was decided that Mr Mole will look into the Village Charities and report at next meeting if monies are available to help with the cost of running the Youth Meetings.

MD/PP   Mrs Daly and Clerk agreed to get together to ascertain a date for the next meeting.

PP           The Clerk to obtain a DBR check.

9.                   Churchyard extension

DC           Mr Cherry to update Council on discussions with Mr Hunter and also to speak with Church Council about the possibility of erecting a gate for future access. No update reported.

DC           Mr Mole reported on Mr Cherry’s behalf that Mr Cherry had said he would contact Mr Chamberlain about the planting of a boundary hedge.

10.               Plaque for Village Hall defibrillator:

JM           Plaque for Mr Ken Brown – Clerk has passed the plaque to Mr Mole, who will attach to village hall and will arrange a ceremony and invite Mr Brown’s family to attend.

11.               Traffic Calming Group:

                No meeting has been held Mr Mole was still awaiting a date from group. Mr Mole reported that meeting will not take place until after ChristmasMr Mole asked for this to be taken of the Agenda for next month.

12.               War Memorial

DC           Mr Cherry to confirm that the work had been completed.

13.               Parking in College Crescent

AMcp     The Councillors and Mr Rand explained the history at length to Mrs Macpherson. Mrs Macpherson to report back on progress.

14.               Door Step Selling

PP           Clerk has been given information by Suzan Jones TVP on the results of the village ‘poll. Mrs Pointer to contact Suzan as to the next steps.

15.               Devolution:

                Clerk has informed Countrywide Ground maintenance that OPC wish to accept their 3-year contract for grass cutting in Oakley. This can now be taken of the agenda for next month.

16.               Defibrillator for First Response Team

                The CFR equipment has now been ordered, update required.  Clerk reported that the monies for the equipment had been taken from bank.

MD         Mrs Daly to follow up as where the delivery is.

PP/MD   Mrs Pointer reported that monies from local Parish Councils (Shabbington, Ickford and Worminghall) who have kindly donated towards the funding of the CFR equipment will be sending their cheques within the next month. Letters of thanks are to be written to the Parish Councils for inclusion in parish newsletters.

It was noted that Brill Parish Council had not contributed to the First Response Team request.

17.               Housing and Planning Bill

                Mr Mole completed the questionnaire received and returned by Friday 4th December 2015.  This can now be taken of the agenda for next month.

18.               Rights of way – 2026 Cut-off Date

                A letter has been received from Buckinghamshire Local Access Forum about reviewing current Rights of Way. Clerk asked to pass to Mr Gutteridge.  – Clerk has passed letter to Mr Gutteridge. No update given. This can now be taken of the agenda for next month

19.               Charlton Services route 30

The service 30 has unfortunately been cut by Oxfordshire CC. Chairman to report on progress on getting on trying to get something re-started, with Brill Parish Council, Ludgershall Parish Council, AVDC and BCC.

Discussions took place regarding the lack of Bus Services for Oakley. The Chairman also reported that the 118 Heyfordian Services to Oxford, which runs on Wednesday and Saturday is also now being cancelled – he had been approached by Forest Hill Parish Council (Oxon.) for support. The Chairman also reported that the ‘Thame service’ also seems to be vulnerable. The Chairman pointed out that this would mean No Bus Services for Oakley. He explained meetings are being held to discuss options for rural transport and will endeavour to keep non-driving Oakley residents ‘linked’ to the outside world.

20.               Meetings:

Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting

Wednesday 2nd December – Scout Meeting – Mr Mole was unable to attend.

Tuesday 8th December – Oakley Relief In Need – Mr Mole attended- it was agreed Mr Mole would carry on as one of the Oakley Parish Council nominated trustees for another 4 years on the charity.

Wednesday 9th December – Haddenham and Long Crendon LAF.  – Cancelled

Monday 17th December – Meeting with Shabbington and Ickford PC chairs – Mr Mole attended, where common parish issues were discussed.

 

21.               Future Meetings:

Monday 11th January – Playing Field Survey Group meeting – Mr Mole to attend

Tuesday 19th January – Rural transport forum at Waddesdon School – Mr Mole to attend

Sunday 31st January – 13:00-15:00 – Playing field Options – all Councillors invited.

Date to be confirmed – Local Parish Councillors meeting – The Fisherman, Shabbington. All Councillors invited.

Saturday 23rd April – Buckinghamshire Remembers WWI – Mr Mole to attend.

22.               Correspondence:

Papers to Circulate:

LCR Magazine

23.               Planning:

New Planning Consultation:

i)                     Planning Application Consultation 15/04333/APP - Royal Oak PH 2 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY Two storey side and rear extensions and alterations to the existing building and its subdivision to create two 3-bedroom properties with parking and amenity space. OPC to reviewed and decided that a consolidated response would be required.

The Parish Council believe that the loss of the Royal Oak building to the village, even with the proposed ‘extensions’ would be detrimental to Oakley. Several options were discussed and once all councillors have fed back a response will be collated and submitted.

Decisions since last meeting:

ii)                   15/02344/ADP – Land to rear of 25, Oxford Road - Approval of reserved matters pursuant to outline permission 14/02880/AOP relating to external appearance and landscaping for the erection of five dwellings with associated parking and amenity space provision. Returned to AVDC Planning 28.08.2015 –OPC No Objection and 3 support application – AVDC awaiting decision –Approved 15 Dec 2015.

iii)                  15/02705/APP – Willow Farmhouse, 1 Oakhall Court, Oakley – Erection of stable building for private use with associated hard standing.  – AVDC awaiting decision on amendment but site original planning is AVDC approved on 03/12/2015.

iv)                  15/03353/APP – OAKLEY – 10 Fennemore Close Oakley HP18 9QW – Removal of existing conservatory single storey side and rear extension – OPC – no objection – AVDC approved 26th November 2015

v)                   15/03451/APP - OAKLEY - Willow Farmhouse 1 Oakhall Court Oakley HP18 9UE Erection of stable building for private use with associated hard standing (Amendment to planning permission 15/02705/APP.  OPC no objection – AVDC approved 03/12/2015

vi)                  15/03524/APP – OAKLEY – Land at (The Royal Oak) 2 Worminghall Road, Oakley HP18 9QY. Erection of two detached two storey dwellings with access, parking and amenity space. No comments from OPC – AVDC approved 04/12/2015.

vii)                15/03709/APP – OAKLEY – 18 Worminghall Road, Oakley HP18 9QA Removal of single storey rear extension.  Single storey rear and side extension and loft conversion with alterations to roof including dormer window and Roof lights. No objection from OPC. AVDC approved 29/12/2015

Awaiting AVDC or Planning Inspectorate decision:

viii)               14/00519/APP – Worminghall - Land at Worminghall Road, Worminghall, Ickford HP18 9UN. APPEAL. The use of land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for 3 no. gypsy pitch together with the formation of additional hard standing and 3 no. utility/dayrooms ancillary to that use and Stable block for the stabling of horses. APPEAL OPC objected to appeal. – AVDC Refused 15 Dec 2014 Planning Inspectorate on 29th September - No decision of appeal at time of meeting.

ix)                  15/02299/AOP – OAKLEY – 58 Worminghall Road, Oakley, Bucks HP18 9QY – Outline application with access and layout to be considered and all other matters reserved for the demolition of the existing dwelling and the erection of two detached two storey dwellings with access, parking and amenity space.  OPC no objection – AVDC awaiting decision.

x)                   15/03473/APP – OAKLEY – Land adjacent and to rear of 22 Worminghall Road, Oakley HP18 9QY. Demolition of an existing pre-fabricated garage.  Erection of two detached dwellings and detached garages and store Amendment to Planning Application 13/03429/APP for single rear addition to Plot 22A and conversion of side roof into en-suite). 2 Objections from Parish Councillor 4 No comments, 1 no vote. AVDC Awaiting decision.

xi)                  15/03938/APP – OAKLEY – 20 Manor Road, Oakley HP18 9QT Erection of rear conservatoryOut for circulation on 1st December 2015. AVDC Awaiting decision 

24.               Accounts:

OAKLEY Parish Precept 2016/2017

Council to set Precept level for 2016/2017 Mr Kilpin informed all that he had done figures for the Precept 2016/2017 It was agreed that we would go with Mr Kilpin’s recommendations of 6 cuts in summer on grass verges, and this hopefully will allow the village to look neater and tidier than it did last summer.  It was also agreed that if an extra cut was needed this could be added at a later date if agreed by all.

It was a unanimous decision to go with “option 2” and to set the Precept at £17,690.  Mr Kilpin offered to inform AVDC and the Chairman thanked Mr Kilpin for his work on the Precept.

 

Monthly Cheques for December 2015:

Clerks Salary and Expenses                                                                                    £225.00

EON paid by DD 11.12.2015                                                                                   £198.04

AVDC Dog Waste Service April 15-March 16                                                      £424.88

W Green Litter Picking                                                                                             £   5.00

Glasdon UK Ltd – Clamp Kit for Waste Bin                                                            £ 27.31

TOTAL                                                                                                                         £880.23

 

Accounts were approved, proposed by Mr R Craddock and seconded by Mrs M Daly

25.               Any Other Business:

MD         One Parishioner reported that there was Graffiti in the Village Bus Shelter.  It was discussed that the subject could be discussed at the Youth Meeting, and look at re-painting the Bus Shelter.  Mrs Daly agreed this could be an option

 

Please note these are “Draft Minutes” and at the next meeting on Tuesday 2nd February 2016 minutes will be ratified and agreed by Councillors and signed by Chairman Mr J Mole

 

Next Parish Council Meeting to be held at 7.30pm Tuesday 2nd February 2016 at Oakley Village Hall 

Comments