Held on Tuesday 2nd February 2016 at 7.30pm
Open question time for Parishioners:
23 Parishioners attended, there was only one subject for discussion, namely:
Outline Planning Application 16/00141/AOB - for 12 houses adjoining Elmwood Close.
Chairman Mr J Mole, addressed the room explaining that the application is at this time an “outline application” and that a more formal Planning Application will follow. Despite being outline planning permission, it is still open to individuals to comment. He recommended that all residents individually need to put in their objections / support to AVDC Planning department. He added that if a petition was raised and sent to AVDC it would only count as ‘one vote’, no matter how many names were on the signed petition.
He went on to explain that the majority of Parish Council’s concerns are around access issues, especially from the Worminghall Road and past the ‘original’ Elmwood Close houses. Mr Mole informed the meeting that the site access would be determined by the Local Authority (AVDC).
JM He also agreed that the residents could have the Village Hall for a meeting to discuss their views. Mr Mole said he would arrange and attend the meeting, for a Monday or Thursday, and send a flyer to all residents.
Mr D Cherry commented that the plans are very well laid out, and the usual issues that the Parish Council pick up have been satisfied.
Mr Finn reminded the residents that only legitimate planning reasons would be acceptable by AVDC.
Main concerns voiced by the residents:
· Access to the site, if the houses are built, would have the following issues:
o The narrowness of the road for vehicles, especially at the right-hand turn after No 8 Elmwood Close.
o The increased flow of traffic in Elmwood Close.
o The increased flow of traffic on Worminghall Road during early mornings and early evenings, flowing from and into Elmwood Close.
o The safety of the children walking along Elmwood Close in the morning and afternoon.
o The safety of the children attending and leaving the school premises during morning and after school.
· Vehicle Access when houses being built, i.e., Vehicles, building-supplier lorries, on-site workers vans and cars.
· Change of use from agriculture land to residential
· During the building of the affordable housing in 2009, there was much inconvenience to the residents of Elmwood Close by the builders and associated delivery traffic; also damage caused to vehicles, hedges and paths.
· The fact that there are not enough parking spaces for the houses that are already in Elmwood Close, means this could be exacerbated.
· There were concerns regarding drainage.
· There were concerns over the fencing of the site from existing Worminghall Road and Elmwood Close gardens.
· A question was asked about the possibility that if the Planning Application was successful, could the rights be sold to a third party to build more houses. Mr Mole said that we can only deal with the application as it is now, any subsequent change must go through the normal application process.
· The point was also raised that some residents felt that they should have been informed of the applicant’s plans before they were submitted to AVDC with perhaps flyers being sent out to residents to arrange a meeting with the applicants.
The applicants for the Outline Planning Permission attended the meeting and said that they were willing to attend the arranged meeting in the village hall along with their Planner to answer any questions that residents had.
Discussions came to an end and all but 3 residents left the meeting.
1. Present: Councillors: Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr D Cherry (Vice Chairman), Mr A Finn, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce. Clerk to the Parish: Mrs P Pointer
2. Apologies: Councillors: Mr R Craddock, Mrs M Daly AVDC Councillor Mr M Rand. BCC Councillor: Mrs A Macpherson.
3. Minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes of the last meeting, held Tuesday 5th January 2016, were proposed for approval by Mr D Pearce and seconded by Mr P Kilpin and signed by the Chairman
Before the agenda item 4 started, discussions took place with TVPC Kirsten Harding attending the meeting to report on “Crime in Oakley”. Details of these discussions can be found below in “7 Local Crime”
4. BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TFB): Updated report from Mr I Crome (IC) on 1st February 2016
i) Worminghall Road overlay:
IC: This work will commence sometime between May and August 2016. The parish will be advised prior to works commencement.
ii) Reported road defects:
The Turnpike (and Foresters) –ongoing since 2012: IC: Response from Mr Paul Foot (IC’s predecessor), patching ideally with planer will be required at least 80sqm. Arrangement is in process to coincide with potential re surfacing scheme work at The Foresters.
Bicester Road – Junction with Hillview. This is crumbling away due to excessive water collecting at the entrance to Hillview. IC: At present the crumbling is very minimal and poses no Health and Safety issue. It will be prudent for us to monitor the area at this present stage. I was in Oakley (28th January 2016) and raised a safety defect to be repaired on 29th January 2016 on this junction. Any historical imagery that the PC can provide showing standing water and where it sits and moves at this junction would be very useful, in order to fully understand how the water behaves in heavy rainfall. The information would help in remediation proposals for the future.
PP Clerk to email Mr Les Kipp to ask for photographs.
Two kerb setts opposite 100 Bicester Road are loose. IC: The setts in their current condition are still somewhat firmly bedded in position. The “looseness” of these setts is very minimal, with only the mortar jointing having deteriorated, and at present pose no Health and Safety issue to vehicle movement or pedestrians. It is likely that these will be looked at some time during the summer, but for now and for the time of year these are low priority.
iii) Reported pavement defects:
JM Pavement Brill Road/Maple Court still outstanding – reported Aug 2012. – IC: This is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works is likely to take place financial year 2016/2017. Mr Mole believed this is not satisfactory and will chase TfB for earlier rectification.
Pavement on Manor Road opposite Manor Farm – crumbling – reported Oct 2014. IC: This is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works is likely to take place financial year 2016/2017.
Pavement collapsed on Oxford Road, past Village Hall on left on leaving village – reported Dec 2014. IC: This has been completed.
Pavement in College Crescent outside No.50 - reported Apr 2015. Mrs Macpherson has emailed TfB regarding this matter. IC: Order has been raised to repair this defect - but has not yet been completed.
iv) Reported drain defects:
Manor Road drain cover – reported Oct 2014. – This has already been reported to Thames Water (TW) in February
RC 2015. Awaiting RC to confirm location so Clerk can re-report
v) Other defects:
White lining and cat’s eyes at The Foresters reported May 2014— IC: Due to the location and traffic volume of the carriageway, this will have to be programmed with a large emphasis on traffic management. An order will be raised for road markings and road stud replacement.
JM Tree (next to BT10 – opposite Rambler Cottage) needs cutting. This was reported Aug 2014. The Parish Council had already ascertained the tree in on Highways land. TFB have said that after looking at the tree it does not meet an intervention limit. Mr Mole will contact them again as it seems they are not looking at reported issue.
JM TfB reported that house names and numbers must be visible from the road. Mr Mole to put notice in Oakley Informer re display of house numbers and names.
Willow tree opposite Leatherslade Farm ready to fall into road. Clerk has reported to TfB – IC: This tree will be inspected and reported on by a qualified arboriculturist, which will be arranged by TFB and I will report back when I have received the report.
vi) New defects to report
JM Several new potholes to be noticed, Mr Mole said he would report these.
· Entrance to Brookside reported ref 40011606. (Work completed on 5th February).
· 18 Manor Road reported ref 40011607. (Work completed on 5th February).
· 28 Manor Road reported ref 40011623. (Work completed on 5th February).
· 2, Worminghall Road (Royal Oak) reported ref 40011624. (Work completed on 5th February).
· 61, Worminghall Road reported 4011626 (Work completed on 5th February).
· 53, Worminghall Road reported 4011627. (Work completed on 5th February).
· Worminghall Road/ College Crescent junction - reported 4011628.
vii) Memorial seats
JM and DC to report on any progress. – No update.
5. Play Area/Playing Field:
i) Playing Field Survey Group Meeting 31.01.2016
It was reported that around 50 villagers attended this meeting and most were in favour of the projects that were shown as examples. There was interest for a path around the perimeter of the playing field to be used as a running track, and there was particular interest in a Tennis Court, which was the most popular addition to playing field in the survey. An artist’s impression was shown on how the development could look and the Committee said they would be writing a piece for the Oakley Informer on how the meeting had gone.
PP They also added that they are very keen to get the youth in the village involved and the Clerk said she would speak to Mrs Daly to discuss it at the next Youth Meeting.
The committee would email a copy of the artist’s impression to the Clerk to pass to the Councillors.
ii) Acorn Trail (footpath)
Update on LAF lighting submission. – LAF submission forms have been completed and returned. Mr Mole will speak to LAF Chairman. No Update at this time – next LAF meeting 10th February 2016.
PP Clerk has emailed Mr Haynes re problem with cracks on the new footpath. Parish Council is still awaiting update. Clerk to chase.
iii) Dog waste bins
RC Mr Craddock confirmed we had received part of the order, awaiting rest of order.
Mr Finn has received the No Dog Waste Stickers –
iv) Bowling Green ‘peppercorn’ rent
JM Clerk has emailed to Chairman for his final approval, Mr Mole to arrange formal signing with Mr F. Ashurst, the chairman of Bowling Club
v) Wickstead repair to Children’s Playground
PP Clerk confirmed an email, expressing our dissatisfaction with excuses given and being asked to pay for a Wickstead fault, had been sent to Wickstead and we are waiting a reply.
6. Street Lights defects:
i) Enquiry underway for quotations for following new lamps:
· Bicester Road, Churchfield House, between: Bicester Road 7 (BT7) – The Nap turn and Bicester Road 8 (BT8) – Church entrance – Bicester side. There is an electricity pole in the right place.
· Middle of Ashfield Rise – no electricity nearby
· 17 Brill Road – no electricity pole nearby
RC Mr Craddock to follow up.
ii) Existing defects
· Light M1 – still not working – Aylesbury Mains are going to look at this lamp when they attend village to repair lights listed below.
· Light MR3 - Mill Road – reported and fixed
· Light W8 - Worminghall Road (outside No. 49) – reported and fixed
· Light T1 - The Turnpike, Chandos Arms – reported and fixed
· Another three/four reported and fixed during the month
iii) New / Outstanding lamps for repair: None
7. Local crime
TVSC Kirsten Harding attending the meeting and gave an update on “Local Crime”
Morley’s Farm was broken into on 5th January 2016, a battery and diesel being stolen, Councillor Mr D Pearce informed all that he has had a couple of more uninvited visits by persons since this date but nothing had been stolen. Ms Harding said she would get an update on the case for Mr Pearce as soon as possible.
TVSC Harding also spoke regarding the College Crescent break in, and reported they were still working on this case, the car has been located and CID are working on that and they also have CCTV with regards to the crime at Worminghall Road on 5th December 2015 a person has been held in connection with this.
Questions were asked as to whether the TVSC thought that the spate of attacks were opportunist i.e. because of doors being left unlocked on cars and car keys being left on display in doors. But TVSC told all they were not opportunists as all cars and doors were locked. She went on to say normally with Rural Crime it is pre planned and well thought-out crimes that take place but it would not harm at all if everyone double checked that their cars and houses were locked. CCTV can be expensive but is recommended as a very good investment and deterrent for criminals and also can be very helpful to the police in catching criminals. The chairman thanked Ms Harding for attending the meeting.
8. Youth Meeting
JM Mr Mole reported that he had not yet spoken to the Charity regarding some funding for the Youth Meetings.
PP It has been decided that meetings will take place on the first Monday of each month, starting on Monday 7th March 2016. Clerk to book hall from 7 to 9pm
PP The Clerk to obtain a DBR check.
9. Churchyard extension
Mr Cherry has now spoken to Mr Hunter who has no objection to a gate being erected for future access.
DC Mr Cherry has contacted Mr Chamberlain and it has been agreed he will start the hedge planting in middle of February two spaces will be left when planting hedge in order for posts to be inserted for the gate.
10. Plaque for Village Hall defibrillator:
JM Plaque for Mr Ken Brown – Mr Mole informed all that the plaque ceremony will take place on March 12th 2016 time not yet agreed. JM to feedback
11. War Memorial
DC Mr Cherry to confirm that work has not been completed and will chase it up if necessary.
12. Parking in College Crescent
DC Mr Cherry reported that he has a site meeting on 3rd February 2016.
13. Door Step Selling
PP Clerk is waiting for reply for Trading Standards, to be chased.
14. Defibrillator for First Response Team
MD Mrs Daly to follow up as where the delivery is. There was no update as Mrs Daly was unable to attend council meeting.
PP Clerk reported still waiting for cheque from Ickford Parish Council, to chase.
15. Charlton Services bus route 30 – Oakley to Bicester - termination
Mr Mole reported he had attended the County Transport workshop on 19th January 2016. He stated that basically six groups of attendees came up looked as issues with rural transport. Coincidentally all six came up with the same scenarios of people, who need to use the transport in the villages. The main category being the independent elderly people in outlying villages, who rely on a service to take them to local market towns, often across a county border. Bucks County Council will take the results away and come up with options.
JM Mr Mole will continue contact with Mr Kyle Banks – Community Action Team for Brill, Ludgershall and Oakley and BCC Councillor Angela Macpherson; as well as communication with Brill, Oakley and Marsh Gibbon PCs.
JM Mr Mole also said he would find out what is happening with the Oxford bus route.
16. Listing of The Royal Oak
This is still be dealt with by English Heritage.
17. Rights of Way:
Reported Stile in Sun Crescent. Reference given: 40010863. BCC Rights of Way team aim to inspect by 24th February 2016
Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting
Monday 11th January – Playing Field Survey Group meeting (JM attended, planning meeting for 31st Jan mtg.)
Tuesday 19th January – Rural transport forum at Waddesdon School (JM attended, see minute 15)
Wednesday 27th January – Parish Liaison Meeting – County Hall Aylesbury (JM unable to attend)
Sunday 31st January – Playing field options. (Councillors attended, see minute 5i)
Wednesday 3rd February 15:00 - College Crescent parking site meeting – DC to attend
Tuesday 9th February 10:00 – Parish council finance (precept) training – PF to attend.
Wednesday 10th February 19:00 - Haddenham LAF meeting – JM and DC to attend
Thursday 11th February 19:00 - Elmwood Close planning follow-up meeting – Open meeting
Tuesday 23rd February 19:00 - Local Parish Councillors mtg. – The Fisherman, Shabbington. All Councillors invited.
Saturday 12th March (time t.b.a.) – ‘Official unveiling’ of Ken Brown memorial plaque. All Councillors invited.
Saturday 23rd April 10:00 – Buckinghamshire Remembers WWI – JM to attend.
Papers to Circulate:
· New Homes Bonus Consultation
· External Audits for smaller authorities
· News for the Parishes
· Bulletin on “Snow Code”
i) New Planning Consultations:
a. 15/04374/APP – Land rear of 25 Oxford Road Oakley, HP18 9RD – Erection of dwelling and detached garage (Amendment to design, form siting and curtilage area of Plot 5 dwelling approved in outline under ref. 14/02880/APP and approved in detail under ref 15/02344/ADP. Out for circulation with OPC. From 05.01.2016
b. 15/04368/APP – New Farm, Oxford Road, Oakley HP18 9UR – Erection of detached dwelling with access, parking and amenity space (amendment to planning permissions 12/00161/AOP and 15/01638/ADP. Out for circulation with OPC from 21.01.2016
c. 16/00141/AOP – Outline Planning Permission for 12 houses adjoining Elmwood Close. Out for circulation with OPC from 15.01.2016
d. 16/00244/APP – 4 Mill Road, Oakley, HP18 9PX – Two Storey Extension. Out for circulation by email to OPC from 27.01.2016
ii) Decisions since last meeting:
iii) Awaiting AVDC or Planning Inspectorate decision:
a. 15/04333/APP - Royal Oak PH 2 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY Two storey side and rear extensions and alterations to the existing building and its subdivision to create two 3-bedroom properties with parking and amenity space. OPC have objected to this in letter returned to AVDC on 21st January 2016
b. 14/00519/APP – Worminghall - Land at Worminghall Road, Worminghall, Ickford HP18 9UN. APPEAL. The use of land for the stationing of caravans for residential purposes for 3 no. gypsy pitch together with the formation of additional hard standing and 3 no. utility/dayrooms ancillary to that use and Stable block for the stabling of horses. APPEAL OPC objected to appeal. – AVDC Refused 15 Dec 2014 Planning Inspectorate on 29th September - No decision of appeal at time of meeting.
Update on Precept submission – Mr Kilpin confirmed this is complete – –
Monthly Cheques for January 2016:
Clerks Salary and Expenses (includes £47.54 for Mr Kilpin’s Course) £272.54
EON paid by DD 11.01.2015 £204.65
Aylesbury Mains Lamp repairs £274.80
Andy Finn Expenses for Signs £25.30
Aylesbury Mains Lamp Repairs £158.40
Accounts proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr P Kilpin
22. Any Other Business:
Mr Kilpin suggested that we look into LED lighting for the Village, all agreed.
DC Mr Cherry to raise with Mr Crome on 3rd February 2016 the problem from Oakley House to College Crescent, that is sodden, he thinks this is because when road was repaired it was not “planed” first so now the gully is covered with the “new road”. He also noted it would be worth mentioning that when they re-surface Worminghall Road they ensure it is “planed” first, otherwise we will have the same problem.
PP Resident asked the Parish Council their views on a “Neighbourhood Plan” Mr Kilpin said he had attended a meeting 3 years ago and it was decided that our village was too small to have a Neighbourhood Plan and the cost was going to be in the region of £16K. Of course things could have changed since then, and there may be a possibility of funding to help with costs. It was decided to look into this again. Clerk to look into this.
Please note these are “Draft Minutes” and at the next meeting on Tuesday 1st March 2016 minutes will be ratified and agreed by Councillors and signed by Chairman Mr J Mole
Next Parish Council Meeting to be held at 7.30pm Tuesday 1st March 2016 at Oakley Village Hall