Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

February 2010

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 2nd February 2010

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn,

Mr G Hopcroft

District Councillor Michael Rand,

Plus 3 Parishioners

 

 

2

 

Apologies

County Councillor Michael Edmunds

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 5th January 2010 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

DC

 

 

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • Due to the bad weather Highways are sending teams around the county on a regular basis to fill potholes.  However any large potholes within the village should be reported as normal.
  • The problem with the depression outside 33 Worminghall Road is ongoing.  Councillor David Cherry is to contact the builders on this matter.

               

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Kerbsetts at the junction of Manor Road and Bicester Road have still not been replaced.  Clerk to notify Highways.

 

 

Action

RF

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         It has been noted that a large hole has appeared in the layby on the Thame Road opposite IBS. Councillor Roy Fennell to investigate the cause.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         The street light outside the school was reported.

 

 

 

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Nothing to report this month.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         A theft from a builders van along Brill Road was reported. Local police had been notified.

·          

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         Local parishes have been notified that Bucks Recycling wish to move to Long Crendon Industrial Estate and are applying for planning permission for that site.

·         It was noted that the condition of the Worminghall Road is very dangerous as the mud is across the carriageway between the two sites.  Bucks County Council requested to ask Bucks Recycling to clean the mud off the road.

·         Clerk to contact Worminghall Parish Council with reference to licence for burning.

 

 

 

 

.7

Land at Oxford Road

·         A resolution was passed to accept the recommendations of the document and Councillors Roy Fennell and John Mole will duly sign the agreement.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         This application is not listed for the next planning committee meeting.  The Chairman of  Oakley Parish Council has requested to be present at the  relevant planning committee meeting.  Whilst the application was opposed on the grounds of the lorries coming back through the village it was also questioned as to whether this extra soil is necessary.  If the bunds were reduced to the original approved height, there should be sufficient soil left for redistribution.

 

 

6

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         The works order has been issued for the construction of the new footpath along the existing Elmwood Close although work has not yet started due to the bad weather.

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         OTAG requested that a councillor joined the group and represented them at meetings.  The parish council stated that OTAG need to present them with a proposal and how to fund it, similar to that of Ford.  OTAG were directed to Councillors Michael Rand and Michael Edmunds for information on discretionary funding.  Clerk to contact BCC reference the trial of VAS in Oakley

 

 

 

8

 

Grass Cutting

·         Contracts for the grass cutting for 2010 have been awarded to Westbury Groundcare and Oakley Pre School.

 

 

9

 

Local Transport / Bus Service

·         The bus is still going to Bicester on the goodwill of Charlton Services.  It is receiving no funding from Aylesbury Vale District or Bucks County Council.

·         Councillor John Mole attended a meeting concerning transport in rural areas.  Whilst it was aimed at provision for older people getting to hospital and other appointments it was generally felt that most rural areas had charities that supplied transport for the community.  John will be attending a further meeting on 2nd March.  John also informed the meeting that John Bercow is still monitoring the subject of transport in rural areas.

 

 

Action

RF

10

 

Seat Dedication Plate

·         The dedication plate on the seat outside the school has still not been replaced.  The Chairman, Mr Roy Fennell to contact Mrs Peg Wanless.

 

 

 

11

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • Delegated budget bids have been published and will be assessed  for discussion at the spring Local Area Forum meeting. 

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  Consultation on draft Supplementary Planning Documents
  • AVDC:  Economy Watch
  • AVDC:  Information about meetings
  • BCC:   Buckinghamshire Freight Strategy – Public Consultation
  • Clerks and Councils Direct
  • Theatre in the Villages
  • AVALC:  Development of Aylesbury Town Centre
  • Planning notices
  • News for the Parishes
  • Aylesbury Vale Local Strategic Partnership – Sustainable Community Strategies for Aylesbury Vale and Buckinghamshire

 

 

12

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

09/02225/APP

Moorleys Farm Thame Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QQ

Extension to agricultural building for grain storage and hard standing

Decision: No Objection

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

09/01968/APP

Fennemore Farm  Foresters  Oakley  HP18 9PY

Erection of earth sheltered dwelling and detached garage

Decision:  Refuse

 

09/02105/APP

Building to rear of Walnut Farm 68 Worminghall Road Oakley HP18 9QY

Change of use of part of agricultural building to part Storage (B8) and part Beauty Studio (sui generis)

Decision:  Permit

 

 

13

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  P Kilpin

 

E-On – Street Lights December

Buckinghamshire Playing Fields Association

Coombe Hill Monument Appeal

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£115.59

£20.00

£50.00

£199.18

 £384.77

 

 

 

Action

MK

14

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Travellers

·         A van parking in the gateway to the airfield overnight is to be reported to local police.  It has been noted that the occupants are disposing their human waste in the hedge.

 

 

 

.2

 

 

NAG Meetings

·         Councillors David Cherry, John Mole and Chairman Roy Fennell volunteered to attend the next NAG meeting.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

Funding for School Children to design permanent posters

·         OTAG asked if the Parish Council could fund the cost of  the permanent posters designed by the children of Oakley School.  To be added to the agenda and discussed at the next meeting.

 

 

13

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

2nd  March  2010 at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.30 pm

 

Comments