Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

December 2016


 

OPC

            DRAFT MINUTES of OAKLEY PARISH COUNCILMEETING

held on Tuesday 6th December 2016

Meeting No: 2016/12

 

 

Public Session:

No Parishioners in attendance

However, a member of Scout Group did attend after the meeting had begun.

 

Chairman announced that the Oakley Parish Council Meeting would now take place.

12.01Present:

Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr D Cherry (Vice Chairman) Councillors Mr A Finn, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, and Mrs M Daly;) and Mrs P Pointer (Parish Clerk). Mr R Craddock was not present

12.02Apologies:

Mrs A Macpherson BCC Councillor

12.03Minutes of Oakley Parish Council’s last meeting held Tuesday 1st November 2016 were received, verified, and approved (Proposed for signature by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr P Kilpin)

12.04BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TfB):

i. Oakley Highway defects

All Highway defects are shown separately and will be displayed in the Notice Board and on Website

ii. Meeting with Local Area Technician

Clerk informed all she had received a reply from the area technician to say he would not be available for an appointment to have a “walk about” with Mr Mole until April 2017

iii. Any new defects to report?

No

iiii. Traffic Calming/control in The Turnpike

JMMr Mole to draft a letter regarding traffic calming.

Proposal for “the Birthplace of Edward Brooks V.C.” to be added to Oakley signs

v. Proposal for “the Birthplace of Edward Brooks V.C. on Oakley Signs.

The reply from Mr D Cairney has been added to circulation list and will be discussed at January Meeting.

12.05Play Area/Playing Field:

 iScout Hut Refurbishment

Mr Mole informed all that a letter had been received from FCC Environment (WREN) asking for the payment of £4,182.02 as third party payment for the Wren Funding for refurbishment of the Scout Hut.

It was Proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and Seconded by Mrs M Daly and agreed by all to pay the

PPamount requested.  Mr Mole asked Clerk to contact Mr Huston re asking for the release of the 106 funding for this project.  He also asked Clerk to ask Mr Huston how much is “in the pot” after this money has been released.  Clerk was asked for the signed copy of the lease agreement between OPC and the Scout Group, she will ring Lightfoots and ask for a copy.

 iiUse of Oakley Football pitch by Long Crendon Football Club.

Clerk informed all the email she has received from LCFC to keep us in the picture of what is happening.  They will endeavour to use the pitch for U11 and U12 matches, without the use of the changing rooms until January 2017 when it will be reviewed.  Mr Woodford has prepared the football pitch on behalf of LCFC.

iiiProposal for Oakley Tennis Court and Multi Use Games Area

JMMr Mole informed all that he had been informed that Mr Smith would not be available until the January 2017 meeting of the Parish Council, Mr Mole will sort for the January 2017 meeting.

ivAcorn Trail (footpath)

DCMr Cherry informed all that he has now received quotation from Mr Genever and to insert aqua drain plus removal of the dead tree will be a cost of £200.  This was proposed to be accept by Mrs M Dalyand Seconded by Mr P Kilpin.  Mr Cherry will advise Mr Genever.  

  vTractor shed base removal:

Chairman has spoken with Mr Mick Daly and the base will be removed as soon as the ground is hard enough to enable the machinery to cross it.

 

 

 

viGrass Cutting Playing Field and around Village:

PP/JMClerk has printed “Google Map” areas for the village mowing, to enable the areas to be marked off which will need mowing next season, these would be sent to contractors asking for quotations for next season. Chairman agreed to go through the maps with Clerk to highlight the areas, where mowing is required. 

Mr Woodford attended the meeting to inform all that he has now finished the cutting of the playing field as the Clerk had requested.

viiFloodlight telegraph pole on playing field:

DCIt was agreed this pole will come down when the new lighting is done for the path and Mr Cherry will organisethe contractors to ensure the electrics from the pole are sealed off safely.

viiiChildren’s Play Area signs

Clerk is waiting on husband to erect the signs.

11.06 Street Lights:
 iOutstanding defects or defects reported in the last month:

C2 College Crescent, this was reported and has now been attended and the lamp taken away.  Clerk informed all we are waiting for a quotation from Aylesbury Mains Ltd re price to replace or repair.

iiNew defects to report?

None

 iiiLight audit/Inspection

Clerk reported that the inspection of all lamps has taken place and passed as satisfactory.

11.07 Local Crime:

Oakley Bowling club reported vandalism to wooden seats/fence

Car Stolen from Little London Green around 7.30 to 7.45 in the morning

12.08First Response Report:

Mrs Daly reported that she has been unable to do any hours this last month due to commitments.

11.09 Door Step Selling:

PPSigns Ordered. Clerk to order the signs and stickers

12.10S106 Monies – funds for Oakley Village/School/Sports & Leisure

Scouting hut refurbishment This has now been given approval for 106 funding, so clerk is waiting on quotations

from Scout Group.

11.10 Repair to Stiles:

iStile repair in Sun Crescent – Mr Kilpin reported that this is indeed in need of repair – Clerk to contact Mike Gutteridge of Ramblers Association.

iiStile Repair – Playing Field – re email from Mrs Edmonds – Clerk asked to request from Mrs Edmonds if she could take some photographs when next walking her dog as at present we are unsure which stile the email relates to.

11.11 Protection of Common Land (Layby Bicester Road)

iClerk read out the reply received from Mr Morgan re his premises and the layby he uses.  It was agreed to

JMwrite to Mr Morgan and inform him that if he is to rent out his premises then we would expect his tenants to “up keep the layby” if this did not happen we would expect Mr Morgan to take the responsibility.  Mr Mole to draft the reply.

  iiClerk has not received a reply from Mr Richardson re the Knotweed problem, although she did see men working at chopping down the knotweed one day this week.

11.12 Bench next to Church “looking tired”

AF/DCMr Finn said he has some information on ‘recycled’ plastic benches, Mr Finn to send information to Mr Cherry.

12.13Bench in Oakley Village – proposed by Mr Keating

DCThe Parish Council is currently waiting for Mr Genever to install the concrete base when weather permits.

12.14Ridgewick Green planning application for Distribution Centre Cherwell District Council.

JMMr Mole will check but he thinks this has now been approved.

12.15Mr Salter – Mowing the Nap

Clerk reported letter had been sent to Mr Salter re mowing of The Nap and access for cars,

12.16Speeding in Village:

Clerk reported that Thames Valley Police have asked for a copy of our monthly reports from the village MVAS machine.

Discussions took place re buying of Sentinel machine for the village, but it was decided to wait for the LAF to buy one and as they have said it is for the use of all Villages.,

12.17Road Signs in Oakley Village

DCMr Cherry offered to do the cleaning of the road signs in early spring.

12.18Meetings:

i. Reports from meeting attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting

AGM for BMKALC Friday 11th November 2016 – this was not attended.

 

ii. Future meetings:

None at present 

12.19Correspondence / Papers to Circulate:

Aylesbury Vale Times

Bulletin

LCR Magazine

Email D Cairney re Edward Brookes

12.20Planning:

Matters arising concerning planning are show separately and will be displayed on the Notice Board and on the Website.

Please Note:  Incorrectly positioned yellow notice (APP/01234/ALC) on Oakley Road, Brill has now been moved to correct place at Oakley Road, Worminghall.

12.21Planning Enforcement Officer

Clerk reported that the Enforcement Officer had replied stating that although the “Pergola” in Sun Crescent is tall enough to need planning permission they redeem that as it is not “harmful” they do not wish to take the matter further. 

The Parish Council have in their reply asked them to inform us what not “harmful” means and goes on to say that we disagree with their decision as it is offensive to neighbouring houses and that if there is a ruling regarding planning permission then it should be adhered to because if not it will mean that all people will think they can disregard the ruling.  Clerk reported we are waiting a reply. 

12.22Precept:

Mr Kilpin reported that the report on 2017-2018 Precept will take place at January 2017 meeting.

Accounts:

Monthly Cheques for December 2016: 

Clerks Salary and Expenses £243.98

EON paid by DD 11.11.2016£236.32

William Green£25.00

Aylesbury Mains Ltd £103.80

Aylesbury Mains Ltd£1,946.40

 

TOTAL:£2555.30

Added at the meeting was a cheque payment to FCC Environment (WREN) for third party funds

For Scout Hut Refurbishment£4,182.02

 

Proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mrs M Daly

11.23 Any Other Business?

 

Clerk informed all that the Post Box in Ashfield Rise has now been turned around.

PPQuestion was asked if we have had Inspection of Play Equipment this year- clerk to check.

Meeting ended at 08.52pm

 

 

Please note these are “Draft Minutes” and at the next meeting on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 minutes will be ratified and agreed by Councillors and signed by Chairman Mr J Mole 

 

 

Next Oakley Parish Council Meeting to be held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall

 

Draft Minutes Meeting of Oakley Parish Council held on Tuesday 6th December 2016

Parish Clerk: Mrs Pat Pointer, Telephone: 01844 237067

 

 

 

Comments