Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

December 2009

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 1st December  2009

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, , Mr A Finn, Mr G Hopcroft

Plus 9 Parishioners

 

 

2

 

Apologies

District Councillor Michael Rand, County Councillor Micheal Edmunds,

Sue Jones Thames Valley Police, Dean Kingham Thames Valley Police

Mr Bill Slade, OTAG

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd November 2009 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • No new potholes were reported
  • BCC are pursuing the depression outside 33 Worminghall Road with Thames Water.  There is also an issue with the sewer connection from 41 Worminghall Road.  Clerk to monitor this progress.

               

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Kerbsetts at the junction of Manor Road and Bicester Road have still not been replaced.  Clerk to chase this repair.

 

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         Nothing to report his month

 

 

 

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         Lights on Manor Road, Brill Road and Bicester Road have been reported.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         The RoSPA  Play Value Assessment Sheet  from Aylesbury Vale District Council was discussed.  Whilst the equipment already installed is good, there is not the range or variety that is now expected.  Clerk to liaise with AVDC representative to put together a proposal and a bid for funding.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         No anti-social behaviour was reported however a camper van appears to have been left in the Village Hall car park.  Clerk to contact PCSO.

 

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·         No further incidents have been reported, however it was noted that the mud on the road on that bend was dangerous.

 

 

 

.7

Land at Oxford Road

·         Copy of letter sent to AVDC was read out.  Sale to proceed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.8

 

 

Parking on Footpaths

·         PCSO has issued three 'polite' letters and spoken to two other vehicle owners in respect of parking.  Details of these vehicles have been taken and if seen again fixed penalty notices will be issued.  The parking will continue to be monitored.

·         Councillor Cherry attended a NAG training session and was horrified at the amount of forms that had to be filled in for one incident.  At the moment three forms are required for each incident reported.  A new initiative has been suggested to amalgamate these forms into one but no decision has yet been made.

 

 

 

.9

Precept

·         The precept for 2010/2011 was discussed, and following the councillors' votes, resulted in an increase of 4%.

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         The planning committee is not expected to meet before Christmas therefore no further information is available to date.  The parish council will monitor this situation.

 

 

 

6

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         Work on the new footpath along the existing Elmwood Close has still not been started. delayed.  BCC have assured the parish council that this work will go ahead and the funding will not be lost .

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         Still awaiting a firm quotation for the pedestrian refuge crossing.  Clerk to chase Highways Department for an answer.

·         It was felt that the AVDC Speed Review did not go far enough, although the B4011 would have a 40 mph restriction from the 30 mph to the village gates on the Bicester Road and the 30 mph restriction would be moved out to the gates on the Thame Road.

·         OTAG suggested that Oakley might work with other villages to share information on traffic calming measures.  Clerk to liaise with Ford village to ascertain details of the trial temporary VAS.

 

 

 

8

 

Sewers

·         The exploratory work along the Worminghall Road is the result of the flooding at number 5 Worminghall Road.   Thames Water have been monitoring and clearing the sewage system using cameras in the system to identify blockages.  No structural damage has been noted. 

 

 

 

9

.1

 

 

Papers to note

 

  • AVDC:  Notice of a Community Governance Review
  • Parish Paths
  • Vale of Aylesbury Housing Survey

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

 

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  Information about meetings
  • Planning notice

 

 

 

 

 

 

10

 

 

 

 

.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

09/01968/APP

Fennemore Farm Foresters Oakley Buckinghamshire

HP18 9PY

Erection of earth sheltered dwelling and detached garage

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

09/01586/APP

43 Brill Road Oakley HP18 9QN

Erection of garden shed and greenhouse on land to rear

Decision:   Permit

 

09/01777/APP

Oakley Combined School Worminghall Road Oakley HP18 9QY

Erection of wood cabin for use as outdoor classroom

Decision: Permit

 

 

11

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  P Kilpin

 

E-On – Street Lights (September)

M Kingsnorth

Aylesbury Mains Ltd

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£115.59

£201.18

£102.36

 £419.13

     

 

 

 

Action

JM

12

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Bus service

·         The matter of the bus to Bicester is still ongoing.  John Mole attended the Overview and Commissioning Committee meeting and informed the parish council that John Bercow is still actively involved in this discussion.

·         A shortened version of the new bus timetable is now available and should be posted in the bus shelter. 

 

 

Action

RF

 

 

Action

MK

 

.2

 

 

Trees and vegetation

·         Two trees were reported as needing attention.  The silver birch on the land behind the bus shelter adjacent to David Durndell needs  cutting back.  A tree is obscuring the street light by the phone box on the Bicester Road, this also needs cutting back

·         It was also reported that a drain appears to be blocked outside Willowtree Farm as there is a flood across the road every time it rains.

 

 

 

 

.3

Christmas Tree

·         It was suggested at the Oakley Events Committee meeting that a christmas tree be planted on the spot by the bus shelter.  This would be something for the future generations in the village.

 

 

 

.4

Oakley Informer

·         The Editor of the Oakley Informer addressed the meeting to notify the parish that the cost of the magazine would have to increase.  Over the past year the costs of production, particularly the printing inks, have increased substantially and have been subsidised by the personal finances of the editor.  Advertising rates would also be subject to increase.  John Mole advised the meeting that this case was going before the next Charities meeting.

 

 

.5

Oakley Traffic Action Group

·         A statement was made by the Oakley Traffic Action Group to the effect that they wished to work with the parish council on the traffic calming measures. They felt very strongly about the speeding and dangerous driving through the village and wished to co-operate in any way to help resolve this matter.

·         A request was made that the speed limit may be reduced to 20 mph passed the school.  However, having discussed this with Thames Valley Police it would not be possible to enforce this action.

·         The matter of insurance was again discussed and it was confirmed that voluntary groups working with any parish council were covered by the council insurance as long as the guidelines were adhered to.

 

 

13

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,    5th  January 2010 at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.57 pm

 

 

 

 

 

Comments