Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

August 2012

MINUTES of the MEETING

of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

which was held on

TUESDAY, 7th August 2012

 

 

1

Present: Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr P Kilpin, Mr A Finn, Mr R Craddock, Mr D Cherry, Mr K Brown, Miss M Griffiths (Clerk) Mr M Rand (AVDC Councillor) and 1 parishioner.

 

2

Apologies: Mr D Pearce.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Meeting:

 

The minutes of the last meeting which was held on 3rd July 2012, were approved and signed.

 

Mr J Mole gave an explanation regarding the co-option of a new Councillor, Mr K Brown, and then Mr Brown signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

 

4

Matters Arising:

 

 

 

 

 

MG to Action

 

 

 

 

.1

Highways Department

 

Potholes

Mr Mole is meeting with Dave Smith on the 23rd August to have a village walk around.  Mr Mole has already walked around the village and drawn up a list of the potholes and overgrown hedges which need attention.  MG is to write to people regarding overgrown hedge, the cost of this to be recouped from BCC under the devolved services budget.

 

Other items to note:  (not Highways)

Mr Cherry has obtained a quote for the repairs to the kerb sets in the sum of £2400; the figure is high because traffic control will be required whilst works are carried out.  Mr Cherry will print the quote and bring it to the next meeting.  The works are not urgent so will be left until the end of the financial year as they will use up most of the devolved services budget.

Willows Opposite Leatherslade Farm

MG advised that nothing has been heard from Dave Smith and Mr Mole will raise it with him on the 23rd.

 

 

MG to action

 

.2

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

MG tabled an email from AVDC and copy letter from IBS.  Mr Cherry did not think that the correspondence answered the question why they are parking on the road to unload.  It was noted that this was a police matter and MG is to send a copy of the correspondence to PCSO Suzan Jones.

 

 

 

 

 

All to action

.3

Play Area/Playing Field.

New play area: - Mr Finn advised that the revised application has been submitted and that the closing date is the end of August and a decision will be made by the end of November.

 

Councillors have still to look at the willow tree in the corner of the playing field.

Football Pitch Drainage

There was a general discussion regarding the football club and what they are entitled to in terms of usage of the pitches.  The question of Verti drains as opposed to Mole drains was also discussed together with the Clubs request that if they cannot use the pitches following mole drainage works then the Parish Council should pay for them to hire alternative pitches elsewhere.  It was agreed that a bit of an impasse has been reached as the recreation field is suitable for general use.  S106 monies may be available for carrying out works if this is agreed by the Council but this must be checked first. 

MG to Action

.4

Street Lights

MG is to pursue the contractor who damaged the light in College Crescent for the cost of the repairs.  A contact will be provided by Mr Cherry.

MG to action

.5

Anti Social Behaviour

Nothing to report.

MG to action

.6

Camo Skips

MG provided a large amount of correspondence between Camo Skips and Dave Smith.  It was agreed that this should be put in the Papers for Circulation envelope.

D Cherry to action.

.7

Parking

Mr Cherry advised that another person now appears to be dealing with this at the Housing Association as the first person dropped the project due to lack of funds.  All expressed disappointment that the Housing Association had not advised the Council of their decision not to proceed with the project after all the work that had been done.

 

.8

Signs around the village

The County Show signs were mentioned but it was agreed that these are usually removed promptly after the event.

 

 

 

 

MG to action

.10

Devolved Services

MG advised that the form had been filled in and returned but that not money has been received to date. 

 

.11

Community Orchard

Agreed that this could go ahead.

 

 

.12

Scout Hut Lights

Nothing further to report.  MG to chase them.

5

 

 

Jericho Farm

Mrs Burroughs has complained about the noise coming from the Gun Club and so the owner is going to have a visit from AVDC regarding the bunds.

7

Mr Mole to action

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

MG tabled a letter from BCC re funding for this and the terms and conditions which the Council must agree to within 4 weeks of the 26th of July.  Mr Mole to action.  It was agreed that 3 semi permanent sites would be needed as electricity has to be taken from a lamp standard adjacent.  The purchase will be through BCC as this will cost less.  It was agreed that former Oakley Traffic Group be approached regarding the purchase as they have already looked into this.

8

Correspondence

 

.1

Papers to Note

Planning Bulletins (several)

 

10

Planning

 

.1

 

2

To note the following applications received:

Nothing to report

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

Certificate of Lawfulness for a proposed use

3 Meadow Close,  Oakley

Insertion of rear dormer to provide living accommodation and roof lights to front elevation.

 

Certificate of Lawfulness for a proposed use

5 Meadow Close, Oakley

Single storey rear extension.

 

 

The following accounts to be approved for payment:

 

 

.1

 

E-On street lighting

Aylesbury Mains Ltd.

MR Cross

M Griffiths (Clerks Wages)

Alicia Green (litter picking)

BCC

TOTAL

 

£148.43

£1018.39

£540.00

£152.10

£20.00

£4070.00

£5948.92

 

 

12

 

PK to Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr Mole to Action

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr Pearce and MG to Action

 

 

 

MG to action

 

Any Other Business

 

Mr Brown advised that the brambles in the village hall car park were becoming a problem.  Mr Kilpin advised that he would do something about them.

 

Mr Craddock expressed concern regarding the Chandos pub and all agreed that the Council may need to do something.  It was agreed to see how things progressed in the next few weeks.

 

Mr Finn gave his apologies for the next meeting.

 

Mr Kilpin advised that Mark Grindall had requested copy correspondence regarding the crossing so that he could look into what had happened.  Mr Mole to put correspondence together.

 

Mr Cherry asked that an item be put on the agenda for the next meeting regarding a suitable memorial to the late Chairman of the Council, Mr Roy Fennell.  All agreed.

 

Mr Cherry raised the matter of stones being placed on the verge outside 1 the Turnpike.  This has been done by the owner of the property as he has been told by BCC Highways that this is the limit of his ownership.  Councillors thought that the land had been compulsorily purchased some years ago by BCC and expressed doubts over this statement from Highways.  MG to investigate.

 

It was noted that the Volvo garage on the B4011 is now advertising tyre fitting and servicing and concern was expressed regarding their planning permission and what they can do on the land.  MG to investigate usage consent.

 

It was noted that no interest has been received regarding the post of Parish Clerk and it was agreed that this should be an agenda item for the next meeting. 

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 4th September at 7.30 p.m., in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 9.05pm

 

Comments