Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

August 2010

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 3rd August  2010

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr D Cherry,  Mr J Mole, Mr P Kilpin, Mr A Finn, Mr G Hopcroft

 

Plus 3 Parishioners

 

 

2

 

Apologies

 Mr D Pearce

 

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 6th July 2010 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Action

MK

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

·         Potholes

  • Highways are progressing through the list of potholes already compiled by Oakley Parish Council.  New potholes reported are forwarded to Highways to add to this list.

Other items to note (not highways)

  • Kerbsetts have been replaced
  • The painting of the railings around the brook had not been completed. Clerk to ascertain reason.
  • As a result of the Winter Survey BCC suggested that salt be purchased in 1 ton bags and stored  locally if possible.  This would still need a vehicle to spread across roads.  Councillors prefer the salt heaps strategically placed.  No decisions have been made as the project is still in discussion and has to be costed by BCC.

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·          It was noted that Jordell are moving out  and Fields are advertising the unit.

 

Action

MK

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·          Street light in Bradley Close was reported as faulty.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         Feedback from the questionnaire produced for Village Day was encouraging.

·         The tractor shed will be removed as soon as the contents have been sorted and removed.  Councillors are to decide what should be done with the gang mowers.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·          Incidents have been reported at the Oxford Gun Company.  The police have been notified and have an operation in place.

·          A new bollard will be fitted to the entrance of the playing field to help stop vehicles from being driven over the grass.

 

 

 

.6

Bucks Recycling

·          No incidents reported this month

 

 

Action

DC

 

.7

Footpath along the front of the Church

·          Grass has grown over the footpath along the front of the Church thus making it quite narrow.  Councillors have decided to scrape back the grass which would bring the path back to the original width.

 

 

 

 

 

5

 

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·          The latest development noted is that the bunds are to be compacted rather than wait for them to settle.

 

 

Action

MK

 

6

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·          The costings for the new design for the pedestrian crossing on the Bicester Road have not yet been received from BCC due to the change of organisation and departments.  Clerk to keep hastening BCC for latest information.

 

7

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • BCC:  Proposed Energy from Waste

 

 

 

.2

 

Papers for Circulation:

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  News for the Parishes
  • AVDC:  Media Statement
  • AVDC:  Closed Churchyards
  • BCC:  Summer Drink Drive Campaign
  • BCC:  The Bucks Debate
  • DEFRA:  Being a good employer
  • BALC:  Matters Arising
  • Community Impact Bucks:  Bucks Directory for Local and Rural Services
  • Vitalise
  • Thames Valley Police Open Day

 

 

8

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

10/01412/APP

Land Adjacent And To Rear of 22 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY

Erection of two detached dwellings and garages and store

Decision: No Objection with reservations

 

 

 

.2

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

Nothing from AVDC this month

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9

 

 

 

 

 

 

.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  J Mole

 

E-On – Street Lights

Majestic Trees – Christmas Tree

A J Walker – Audit and Accounts

M Kingsnorth

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

£118.10

£1013.01

£50.00

£211.48

 £1392.59

 

 

 

Action

MK

10

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

Clay Shoot

·          A Charity Clay Shoot in aid of the Berks/Oxon/Bucks Air Ambulance is to be held at Middle Farm, Brill, over the three days 28th/29th/30th of the August Bank holiday.  The parish council have been asked to ascertain whether three consecutive days are permitted.  Clerk to contact Brill Parish Council.

 

 

Action

RF/MK

 

.2

Bus Shelter

·          The bus shelter will be cleaned and painted and a new timetable displayed.

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

.3

Parking

·          Parking at the end of College Crescent has become a problem.  These bungalows were built with no allowance for vehicle parking and it is now causing difficulty for residents to park their cars, and often driveways are blocked.  Clerk to contact AVDC.

 

 

 

.4

Land at Oxford Road

·          Councillor David Cherry expressed his disappointment at the cost of the solicitors fees for the purchase of the land at Oxford Road.  The cost of the land totalled a quarter of the final payment.

·           

 

 

.5

Royal Oak Public House

·          The Parish Council have requested to be present when AVDC  Planning Committee discuss the de-licensing  application for the Royal Oak Public house.  AVDC will issue date when the matter is to be discussed.

·           

 

 

.6

Wheatley Park School Prizegiving Day

·          It was agreed to donate a prize to this annual event.

 

 

.7

Poplar damaged by recent winds

·          AVDC requested a report on the poplar damaged by the recent high winds. The bough had to be removed as it had fallen on the swings in the playground.  This tree is a rare specimen and is protected by a preservation order.  The parish council decided that it would be prudent to contact a tree surgeon for a report on the condition of this tree.

 

 

Action

MK

 

.8

Hedges and nettles around playground

·          The parish council were requested to contact the Pre School and ask that they strim the nettles under the hedge between the playground and the houses adjacent to the playground.

 

 

.9

Parking around the village

·          Cars are still parking on the grass verges and footpaths around the village. All incidents are reported to PCSO.

 

 

11

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,

7th September 2010 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 8.50 pm

 

 

 

 

 

Comments