Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

April 2016

 Draft Minutes

for OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

held on Tuesday 5th April 2016 at 7.30pm

 

Open question time for Parishioners:  One parishioner attended – no subjects brought forward for discussion

1.        Present: Councillors: Mr J Mole (Chairman), Mr D Cherry (Vice Chairman), Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce. Mr R Craddock, - Clerk to the Parish: Mrs P Pointer – Mr M Rand (AVDC Councillor) Ms A Macpherson (BCC Councillor)

2.        Apologies: Councillors:  Mr A Finn, Mrs M Daly

3.        The minutes of the last meeting held Tuesday 1st March 2016 were proposed for approval by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr R Craddock and signed by the Chairman

4.        BCC Highways Department / Transport for Bucks (TfB): Updates from TfB technician Mr I Crome (IC) in italics.

i)           Worminghall Road overlay: IC: Previous update “This work will commence sometime between May and August 2016. The parish will be advised prior to works commencement.” Pending:

DC              It was agreed that Mr Cherry will take photographs around 65 to 75 Worminghall Road when it rains to show the flooding caused by the last repairs.

ii)          Reported road defects:

The Turnpike (and Foresters) –ongoing since 2012: IC: Previous update “Arrangement is in process to coincide with potential re surfacing scheme work at The Foresters.” Pending.

PP              Bicester Road – Junction with Hillview. This is crumbling away due to excessive water collecting at the entrance to Hillview. IC: Previous updateAny historical imagery that the PC can provide showing standing water at this junction would be useful” Clerk to send Mr Kipps folder to Mr Ivan Crome.

                   Worminghall Road/ College Crescent junction –two potholes reported Feb 2016 – reference: 4011628. IC: Defect does not appear on system. JM to re- raised Ticket Nos: 40015506 and 9.

Brill Road – reported Feb 2016 – reference: 40012877 Size of pothole 56cm, depth 6cm – COMPLETED. Take off next month’s agenda

Brill Road - reported Feb 2016 – reference: 40012878 Size of pothole 100cm, depth 5cm. – COMPLETED. Take off next month’s agenda

Manor Road – reported Feb 2016 – reference: 40012879 Size of pothole 28cm, depth 7cm – COMPLETED. Take off next month’s agenda

Oxford Road – towards Jericho – large pothole on left hand side as leaving the village – Clerk reported ticket number: 40014272.

iii)        Reported pavement defects:

Pavement Brill Road/Maple Court still outstanding – reported Aug 2012. – IC: Previous updateThis is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works is likely to take place financial year 2016/2017Mr Mole emailed to get this done earlier – COMPLETED. Take off next month’s agenda.

Pavement on Manor Road opposite Manor Farm – crumbling – reported Oct 2014. IC: Previous updateThis is still being considered low priority, therefore remedial works is likely to take place financial year 2016/2017”. Pending.

Pavement in College Crescent outside No.50 - reported Apr 2015. Mrs Macpherson had emailed TfB regarding this matter. COMPLETED. Take off next month’s agenda

iv)        Reported drain defects:

                Manor Road drain cover – reported Oct 2014. – This has already been reported to Thames Water (TW) in February 2015. Awaiting RC to confirm location so Clerk can re-report. Update given Clerk to report the drain is between Primrose Cottage and Mr Kerrigan’s property. Clerk has reported this.

v)          Other defects:

TfB             White lining and cat’s eyes at The Foresters reported May 2014— IC: Previous update “An order will be raised for road markings and road stud replacement. Update required.

TfB             Tree (next to BT10 – opposite Rambler Cottage) needs cutting. This was reported Aug 2014. TFB have said that after looking at the tree it does not meet an intervention limit. Mr Mole has spoken to IC and pointed out this is not an overgrown hedge/tree, but a tree obscuring a street light. Awaiting TfB response.

                   TfB reported that house names and numbers must be visible from the road. Mr Mole has put notice in Oakley Informer – COMPLETED. Take off agenda for next month.

PP              B4011 subsidence noticed on both sides in many places of the B4011 between The Foresters and Touchbridge turn – although the road is in Boarstall, Clerk to report by email.

vi)        Oakley Road Signage:

MR             IC reported that road signage (i.e. the signs indicating the road names) in Oakley needs to be replaced – AVDC responsibility for this.  Mr Rand to follow up and find out who deals with this at AVDC.

vii)       List of recent pothole problems reported on 04.04.2016

                   Pothole - Worminghall Road ref:                        40015511

                   Pothole – Catsbrain, Worminghall Road ref:    40015513

                   Pothole - Catsbrain, Worminghall Road ref:    40015514

                   Pothole - Jericho Hill, Oxford Road ref:            40015515

                   Pothole - Jericho Hill, Oxford Road ref:            40015516

viii)     New road, pavement or drain defects to report:

AMcp         Mr Mole reported that there had been 3 sets of roadworks in Oakley, with traffic lights, in the last week. No notice had been received by Parish Council regarding the repairs or temporary closures. Ms Macpherson also commented that she had received no updates on these works. Ms Macpherson to find out why she and the Parish Council were not informed.

5.        Play Area/Playing Field:

i)           Playing Field Survey: No update received. Chairman asked for this to be removed from May agenda and added back to the June agenda.

ii)          Oakley Football Club:

Mr Kilpin confirmed that the football club will be reforming next season in a lower league. Take off next month’s agenda.

iii)        Acorn Trail (footpath)

Mr Kilpin reported that the path is in good condition and cracks are only superficial and not in need of attention. 

DC              Mr Mole reported that LAF have now agreed a figure of £3000 towards the new lighting, Parish Council will pay the difference. Mr Cherry to proceed with engaging contractors.

iv)        Dog waste bins

PP/JM       Mr Craddock confirmed the Dog Waste Bin had been erected by the footpath opposite Ramblers Cottage, (98 Bicester Road). There is no AV number on the bin – Clerk to chase up. Mr Mole will ensure a sign is now put on the Litter Bin saying “no dog waste”.

                   Mr Craddock also confirmed that new lining had been added to the litter bin in the playing field.

v)          Tractor shed base :

ALL            Mr Mole said that the Parish Council should look at what can be done with the old concrete base to the tractor shed, which is being used for dumping greenery and can not be mowed. All to give some thought.

6.        Street Lights:

i)           Enquiry underway for quotations for following new lamps:

Mr Craddock reported that he had now received a budget price for new street lamps as listed below.

Led Lamps:  £1,050.00 plus VAT Electricity estimate for connection between £400 and £800.  This would mean an estimate of £2000 plus VAT.  It was decided to leave this on the Agenda for future discussion.

·           Bicester Road, Churchfield House, between: Bicester Road 7 (BT7) – The Nap turn and Bicester Road 8 (BT8) – Church entrance – Bicester side. There is an electricity pole in the right place.

·           Middle of Ashfield Rise – no electricity nearby

·           17 Brill Road – no electricity pole nearby

ii)          New Light defects:

PP              Light out on Oxford Road, just past Village Hall.          Clerk to report.

7.        Seat outside Oakley School, Worminghall Road

Mr Mole reported that he has fitted a new wooden slat and repainted the ‘Beatrice Gladdy dedication’ bench.  Take off next month’s agenda.

8.        Local Crime:

More yellow graffiti had been reported around the village during March.

9.        Youth Meeting

Mr Mole reported that the Oakley Relief In Need Charity has agreed to support payment for the Village Hall to cover maximum of six meetings.  It was agreed by then the Youth Team should become self-sufficient.

Clerk reported that the hall has been booked for the following dates and all youths have been informed.

Monday 11th April 2016

Monday 9th May 2016

Monday 20th June 2016

Monday 11th July 2016

Discussion took place for possible help that the Youth team could give to the village:

Graffiti in Bus Shelter

Litter picking along verges

“Clean for the Queen” campaign

PP/MC   The clerk will attend meeting with Mrs Daly and will report back at the next Parish Council Meeting.

PP           Clerk has still not received DBR check.

10.     Churchyard extension:

Clerk reported that Mr Chamberlain has agreed to spray weeding area free of charge.

DC           Mr Cherry reported that he will obtain two quotes for the seeding. Mr Mole asked for assurance that the area is usable for the Victoria Cross pavement commemoration in April 2017.

PP           Mr Mole reported that Mrs Porter had very kindly donated the sum of £908 for the hedge laying at the Churchyard, which has been completed.  Clerk to write a thank you letter.

11.     Plaque for Village Hall defibrillator:

Mr Mole reported that the plaque for Mr Ken Brown has been officially unveiled on 12th March and attended by his daughter. Take off next month’s agenda.

12.     War Memorial

DC           Mr Cherry confirmed this work has not yet taken place. Mr Cherry to chase.

13.     Parking in College Crescent

The outcome of the site meeting was that there is no BCC money to take this forward, Mrs Macpherson agreed with this and although disappointing there is no more progress to be taken by Oakley Parish Council.  Mr Cherry did remind all that it had been suggested during the meeting that as people moved out the Bungalows that a drive could be installed before the new tenants took over, but this could be a very long process.  Mr Mole said and all agreed that the only way forward is for the residents to keep writing with their complaints to TFB.

14.     Door Step Selling

PP           Clerk is waiting for reply for Trading Standards, to be chased.

15.     Defibrillator for First Response Team

Mrs Daly has emailed and awaiting a response.

PP           Clerk waiting for cheque from Ickford Parish Council.

16.     Bus services: 

JM           Mr Mole informed all he was unable to attend the meeting on 3rd March 2016, but Mrs Macpherson informed all that at the meeting it was decided to gather information regarding two community buses.  There are two available to buy at present.  It was also discussed the possibility of using taxis.  Further discussions are needed with BCC and Brill Parish Council.

17.     Listing of The Royal Oak

Mr Mole informed all that he thinks this is not worth pursuing any further. All agreed.  Clerk reported that no answer had been received from Aylesbury Vale Brewery or their Agent for joint approach on the development of the site. Take off next month’s agenda.

18.     Neighbourhood Plan:

Mr Mole reported that there has been no word on the next cluster meeting date.

19.     Devolution:

DC           It was agreed that Mr Cherry will attend the Safety Overview meeting at 4pm at the Council Offices on Wednesday 13th April 2016.  He will be accompanied by a representative, Sam Rodney, from Countrywide Maintenance Ltd, who has confirmed to Clerk that he will attend.

20.     Oakley C of E School building plans

Mr Mole reported that are only concerns are over the parking. Take off next month’s agenda.

21.     Parking in Elmwood Close

                Complaints of almost permanent parking on pavements, especially odd-numbered houses 1, 3, 5, 5a and 7.Clerk confirmed that a letter to residents of these houses had been sent. Take off next month’s agenda

22.     43a Bicester Road

                Grassed area, turned into mud patch by construction vehicles. Clerk asked to write letter, asking resident to re-instate the rutted grassed areas on both sides of his driveway to a satisfactory condition.  Clerk written, waiting reply.

 

 

23.     Parish Council PC/Laptop

Mr Kilpin informed all that when he attended the Accounts training course for Parish Council, he was informed that it might be a good idea if all Parish Councils provided their own Laptops or PC’s to Clerks.  Discussions took place regarding the purchase of a Laptop/PC but it was decided that as Clerk was more than happy to carry on using her own Laptop for the Parish Council, there was no need to change this. Take off next month’s agenda.

24.     Applications for New Homes Bonus Funding:

MR         It was agreed that Mr Rand will check on what funding has been granted for this project and report back to Parish Council to give Councillors more idea of what can be funded.

25.     Kissing Gates/Replacing Styles on Footpaths

PP                           Discussion took place as to removing the kissing gates on footpath OAK/19/2 and using at footpaths OAK/15/4 and OAK/12/6.  It was decided that this would be requested from Rights of Way Department by Clerk.

26.     Commemorative Medal Order – Queens 90th Birthday.

Clerk reported that she has ordered 90 medals for the school and is waiting delivery.

JM           Mr Mole reported that the Parish Council have received an anonymous donation of £200 towards the cost. Mr Mole to write a “thank you” letter

27.     Annual Parish Meeting on 3rd May 2016

PP           Mr Mole asked the Clerk to call for papers, accounts, charities and Oakley Clubs to send in their annual reports for the Annual Parish Meeting (APM) next month. Take off next month’s agenda

28.     Meetings:

Reports from meetings attended by Parish Councillors since last PC meeting

Thursday 3rd March 19:30                  Community transport event, Waddesdon – Mr Mole was unable to attend.

Saturday 12th March 15:00                  ‘Official unveiling’ of Ken Brown memorial plaque.

Future Meetings:

DC           Wednesday 13th April 2016 16:00     T2 Devolution – Safety View Meeting

JM           Saturday 23rd April 10:00                   Buckinghamshire Remembers WWI – JM to attend.

PK/PP     Wednesday 27th April 2016               Audit Training – Mr Kilpin and Clerk to attend

PP           Wednesday 4th May 2016                   Agendas and Minute Training – Clerk to attend

29.     Correspondence:

Papers to Circulate:

·         LCR Magazine

·         Open Spaces Magazine

·         Letter with update of Bank Changes

30.     Planning:

i)      New Planning Consultations:

ii)     Decisions since last meeting:

a.        15/04333/APP - Royal Oak PH 2 Worminghall Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY Two storey side and rear extensions and alterations to the existing building and its subdivision to create two 3-bedroom properties with parking and amenity space. OPC objected. Planning REFUSED in February 2016. Take off next month’s agenda.

b.       15/03938/APP – OAKLEY – 20 Manor Road, Oakley HP18 9QT Erection of rear conservatory. OPC “no objection”. Approved by AVDC 20.01.2016 Take off next month’s agenda.

c.        16/00244/APP – 4 Mill Road, Oakley, HP18 9PX – Two Storey Extension – OPC no objection – Approved by AVDC 18.03.2016 Take off next month’s agenda.

d.       15/04368/APP – New Farm, Oxford Road, Oakley HP18 9QT – Erection of detached dwelling with access parking and amenity space (amendment to planning permissions 12/00161/AOP and 15/01638/ADP – OPC no objection – AVDC refused 26.03.2016 – no reason for refusal on AVDC website.

 

ii)       Awaiting AVDC or Planning Inspectorate decision:

a.          15/02299/AOP – OAKLEY – 58 Worminghall Road, Oakley, Bucks HP18 9QY – Outline application with access and layout to be considered and all other matters reserved for the demolition of the existing dwelling and the erection of two detached two storey dwellings with access, parking and amenity space. OPC no objection AVDC awaiting decision. Determination date 17 November 2015.

b.         15/03473/APP – OAKLEY – Land adjacent and to rear of 22 Worminghall Road, Oakley HP18 9QY. Demolition of an existing pre-fabricated garage. Erection of two detached dwellings and detached garages and store Amendment to Planning Application 13/03429/APP for single rear addition to Plot 22A and conversion of side roof into en-suite). OPC: 2 Objections from Parish Councillor 4 No comments, 1 no vote. AVDC Awaiting decision. Determination date 18 December 2015

c.          16/00141/AOP – Outline Planning Permission for 12 houses adjoining Elmwood Close. OPC decision No objection 1 – Support –3 – opposed 2 – abstain 1 Returned to AVDC 24 February 2016  .Waiting AVDC decision, no determination date.

d.         16/00617/APP – Oakley – British Timber Yard, Thame Road, Oakley HP18 9QQ.  Variation to permission 13/03391/APP to add motor vehicle sales and display to the current use of the motor vehicle MOT testing and maintenance garage with displays and additional car parking spaces on adjacent premises. Returned to AVDC 24 March 2016 OPC all opposed applicationAVDC Awaiting decision. Determination date 14 April 2016.

31.     Accounts:

i)           Internal audit

PP                 Clerk informed all that she has received a response from Melanie Rose to take over our “end of year accounts” at a cost of £12.80 per hour plus travel. It was agreed by all Councillors to employ Ms Rose in this role. Clerk will arrange.

ii)         Asset Register

PP                 Clerk reported that she could not find an “Asset Register” within the Parish Council filing cabinets.  Mr Kilpin suggested that assets would have been listed within our insurance policy.  Clerk will check.

 

iii)        Monthly Cheques for February 2016:

Clerks Salary and Expenses                                                                              £341.87

EON paid by DD 11.03.2015                                                                             £191.44

Mr W Green Litter Picking                                                                                £ 10.00

Mr A Finn expenses – Web Domain annual payment                                  £ 15.00

 

TOTAL                                                                                                                   £558.31

 

Proposed for payment by Mr D Cherry and seconded by Mr R Craddock.

32.     Any Other Business:

 

DC                 Mr Pearce reported the telegraph pole in the playing field, with football floodlights on, has been looked at and feels secure.  Mr Cherry to check.

PP                 Mr Kilpin reminded all that the amount of money in the Oakley Parish Council also holds a “ring fenced” amount £5000. Clerk to ensure future monthly statements reflect ring-fenced funds.

JM                 Mr Cherry informed all that Mr Mole and he had been informed that Cherwell District Council has received a Planning Application for a 750,000 square feet warehouse complex and Distribution Centre is being built next to the A41 between the Ambrosden turn and Hughes Scrapyard. There will also a proposed 3,500 houses at Wretchwick Farm. Oakley should be concerned with regards to traffic using the B4011 through Oakley (and Long Crendon) when diversions are in place as most of this traffic would be heavy lorries. Mr Rand said he will check if BCC or AVDC have been informed of this. Mr Mole will send a suitable response to Cherwell district Council and also pass on relevant details to Mr Rand and Ms Macpherson

JM                 Mr Mole reported that Gigaclear are digging up verges and driveways along Worminghall Road, and said the plan is just to lay a Superfast broadband cable THROUGH the village so as to supply Worminghall and Ickford with fibre. Oakley will be inconvenienced by this development and the residents to the North of the B4011, who do not have access to BT’s OpenReach superfast broadband, are angry that they will not benefit from this. Mr Mole will pursue the issue with Connected Counties, Bucks CC and Gigaclear.

Mr Mole suggested would it be worth advertising in the Oakley Informer re jobs that need doing in the village?  It was decided to discuss at next meeting after Mr Cherry has attended the T2 Safety Overview.

PP                 It was also agreed to put back the ‘Protection of Common Land” onto next month’s agenda.

 

Meeting ended at 08:55pm

 

The Annual Parish Meeting to be held at 7:00pm on Tuesday 3rd May 2016.

It will be followed by the Annual Parish Council Meeting.

Both meetings to be held at Oakley Village Hall

Comments