Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

April 2012

MINUTES of the MEETING

of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

which was held on

TUESDAY, 3rd April 2012

 

 

1

Present: Mr P Kilpin, Mr J Mole (Chair) Mr D Pearce, Mr A Finn, Mr R Craddock,  Mr D Cherry. Three members of the public. Miss M Griffiths (Clerk to Parish Council)

 

2

Apologies: Mr R Fennell. Mr Mole advised the meeting that Mr Fennell had tendered his resignation and that this had been accepted with regret by Mr Mole.  Mr Mole gave thanks to Mr Fennell for his 22 years service to the Parish Council, 10 of those as Chairman and said that his resignation was a sad loss to the Village.

 

Apologies also received from Mr Rand and Mr Edmunds.

 

3

Minutes of the Last Meeting:

 

The minutes of the last meeting which was held on 6th March 2012, were approved and signed.

 

4

Matters Arising:

 

 

 

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

 

MG to Action

 

 

MG to action

.1

Highways Department

 

Potholes

Those in Worminghall Road and Brill Road have been fixed.  Mr Finn and Mr Mole met with Dave Smith of BCC for a walk around the village which had proven very useful.  Mr Smith is the person to contact regarding potholes in the future.  A new pothole was reported at the junction of College Crescent with Worminghall Road (the one closest to the village centre).  MG to report.

 

It was reported that the collapsing pavement between 19 and 19a Brill Road is the responsibility of the owners of these properties. MG to ask to Dave Smith to send a letter to owners.

 

Other items to note:  (not Highways)

Kerb setts have not been repaired but this is something that the Parish can now arrange themselves under the new devolved services scheme.    The Council's insurance will need to be checked to make sure that any person doing the work on the Council's behalf is covered.  MG to check

 

 

MG to action

.2

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road:

MG reported that nothing had been heard from AVDC on Horton Cars or IBS despite two emails.  MG to chase again. 

 

Mr Cherry reported that new bags of stone have appeared in the lay by.  MG to write again to IBS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

All to action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DP to action

 

 

 

 

 

 

.3

Play Area/Playing Field.

The Blackthorn has now been cut down.

New play area:- A decision re the funding is expected on the 31st May 2012.  A decision from AVDC regarding the S106 monies is still awaited.    

 

It was noted that the trees on the boundary of the recreation ground with Mr Hopcrofts yard have been cut back on Mr Hopcrofts side.  Councillors have been to have a look at the split willow but had not been able to identify it.  A further inspection will be carried out.

 

Mr Finn reported that he has been advised that the concrete apron around the new tractor shed will not now be as big as originally planned to reduce the amount of digging required. 

 

Mr Finn also reported that an inspection of the football pitch by FA groundsmen has suggested that the pitch would benefit from verti drains filled with sand to improve the drainage  of the pitch.  This has arisen because the current groundsman for the Village pitch is being put forward as Groundsman of the year.  This type of drainage will cost about £400 to £500 pounds and the Parish Council are being asked if they would meet the cost.  There were some doubts expressed about the efficacy of this type of drainage and it was agreed that Mr Pearce would carry out some enquiries.  The possibility of using some of the S106 monies to do any work required was suggested.

 

No one has discovered the identity of the person riding their horse on the recreation ground but in any case the problem does not appear to have reoccurred.

 

J Mole to Action

.4

Street Lights

MG reported that a further complaint has been received about the last light in the Village at the end of Oxford Road.  J Mole to speak with Mr Hopcroft regarding cutting back of the tree.

 

.5

Anti Social Behaviour

PCSOs arrived to report.  There has been an increase in reported crime in Oakley and the surrounding villages.  Metal shuttering was stolen on the Worminghall Road where a new cattle grid was being constructed and in Worminghall it was reported that five cars had had items stolen from them but this was facilitated by the fact that the cars were unlocked.   A car was stolen from Brill when the house was broken into and the keys taken.  It is thought that this was carried out by the same suspect from Worminghall.  Scenes of crime officers have collected evidence and it is hoped that someone will be spoken to soon.  PCSOs advised that their presence in the villages had been increased to try and stem the increase in crime.  PCSO Suzan Jones asked that she be sent an Agenda before the meetings, MG to do this in future.

D Cherry to action

.6

Bucks Recycling

Bucks Recycling have now left the site.  Part of the verge has been reinstated but not all of it as this would mean that the original unsafe access would have to be reopened.  Dave Smith had a meeting with the owners of the site and a list of items which need to be addressed was drawn up.  MG to ask Mr Smith for a copy of this.  MG tabled an email from the owners of the site regarding the new enterprise which is to be called Camoskips.  

D Cherry to action

.7

Parking

No further progress has been seen and D Cherry to continue to find out what is happening from the Housing Association.

 

.8

Signs around the village

All in the village have been removed.

 

 

.9

Mains Gas in Villages

Mr Finn has chased Mr Bercow MP regarding the lack of a reply from the Chairman of British Gas.

 

MG to action

10

Devolved Services

Completed document has been received and it was agreed at the meeting that the monies be asked for on a monthly basis.  Haddenham Parish Council have been carrying out many of their own services for some time under this scheme and it was agreed that MG should contact them to see how they go about doing it.  PCSO Jones said she had contact details and would pass them on. 

 

11

Community Orchard

MG tabled a sketch from the Gardening Club showing the rough details of where and how big the site would be.   It was agreed that this sketch be circulated to all members and then discussed at the next meeting.  Mr Kilpin advised that a couple of residents whose gardens back on to the proposed site of the orchard had expressed concerns about the possibility of children throwing apples into their gardens.  It was felt after discussion that this fear should not prevent the orchard going forward and that if problems did arise then the culprits should be asked to stop.

 

12

Scout Hut Lights

MG reported that nothing had been found about the lights having been adopted by the energy company and that quotes are being sought by the scouts to carry out the work.

 

13

Council Constitution

The form of the document was discussed and approved and put on file.  It was agreed that the document should be kept simple.

 

5

MG to action

 

Jericho Farm

MG advised that she had been passed a phone message from the former Parish Clerk for Oakley from Mr Stevens of Long Crendon Parish Council regarding  Jericho Farm and that she would try  and contact him to find out what he was phoning about.

6

D Cherry to Action

SID/Traffic Calming Measures Mr Cherry has had no comment from BCC and will continue to chase. 

7

Correspondence

 

.1

Papers to Note

 

8

Planning

 

.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

To note the following applications received:

12/00410/APP

1 Meadow Close, Oakley

First floor extension over garage with front and rear dormers.

Decision: No objection

 

11/00161/APP

New Farm, Oxford Road.  Oakley

Erection of a new dwelling

Decision: No objection

 

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

11/02840/APP

7 Brill Road, Oakley

Two storey and first floor rear extension.

Decision: Permit  

 

12/00007/APP

15 Worminghall Road, Oakley.

Two storey side extension. 

Decision: Permit.

9

Accounts

 

 

The following accounts to be approved for payment:

 

 

.1

 

E-On street lighting

M Griffiths Clerks wages

HMRC (tax and NI for Clerk)

Aylesbury Mains Ltd.

TOTAL

 

£150.13

£

 

£61.67

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MG to action

 

 

DC to action

Any other business

 

Mr Pearce raised the condition of some willow trees on land opposite Leatherslade Farm are they on Highway land or Common land.  MG to investigate.  Also the trees at the bottom of Brill Road by the village sign will need trimming soon.

 

Mr Finn raised the question of the Diamond Jubilee Celebrations and that at the last jubilee the children of the village were given a celebration mug by the Parish Council.  After discussion it was agreed that 108 mugs be purchased for distribution to the children at the School, the Pre-School and the toddlers group.  This number of mugs should ensure that all children that want one can have one, precise numbers of children to be obtained from the organisations mentioned.

 

Mr Kilpin reported on the training session that he went to about village plans.  It is evident that these are far too costly for Oakley and not appropriate for the size of this village.  Neighbourhood Development Orders are more appropriate and relate to small scale redevelopments such as might be contemplated at the former Royal Oak Public House.

 

Mr Cherry asked that the Clerk write on behalf of the village to the relevant Government department objecting to the imposition of VAT on repairs to Listed Buildings which will affect the Church and other local properties.

 

Mr Cherry raised the question of the extension to the cemetery and suggested that it might be a good idea to get the area fenced off from the adjacent property which is currently on the market before it is sold so that there is no confusion about the location of the extension.  He also advised that a new hedge would be planted at the appropriate time on the boundary and that two oak trees would be planted in the new corners.  All agreed this would a good course of action.  D Pearce will provide contact details for the owners of the adjacent property.

10

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 1st  May 2012 after the AGM  in the Village Hall.

 

The meeting closed at 9.11pm

 

Comments