Parish Council‎ > ‎MINUTES‎ > ‎

April 2009

MINUTES of the MEETING

Of

OAKLEY PARISH COUNCIL

Which was held on

Tuesday, 7th April 2009

 

 

1

 

Present

Mr R Fennell, Mr J Mole, Mr D Cherry, Mr P Kilpin, Mr D Pearce, Mr G Hopcroft , Mr A Finn

District Councillor Mr Michael Rand

Plus 6 Parishioners

 

2

 

Apologies

No apologies received

 

3

 

Minutes of the Last Meeting

The minutes of the meeting held on 3rd March 2009 were discussed and approved as an accurate account of the meeting, and signed by the Chairman.

·          

 

 

 

Action

MK

 

 

 

 

 

4

 

.1

 

 

Matters Arising

Highways Department

Potholes

  • Attention was drawn to the condition of the roads in and around the village.  Potholes and damage are reported but still urgent maintenance is needed.  Clerk to contact Highways Department.
  • All outstanding work on kerbsetts and potholes to be hastened. 

                                               

Other items to note (not highways)

  • The drainage problem along Bicester Road, Hill View and School Lane has been addressed and should improve.

 

 

 

 

.2

 

 

Protection of Common Land

Lay-bys on the Thame Road

·         Nothing further reported

 

 

 

.3

 

 

Street Lights

·         One light in Brookside has been reported this month.

 

 

 

Action

DP

 

Action

RF

 

.4

 

 

Play Area/Playing Field

·         The light from the football pitch is visible from residents on Oxford Road  because the hedge has been trimmed.  This is not a new light fitting.

·         Dog fouling was found in the play area of the playing field.  The fence is to be replaced but in the meantime the gates are to be repaired.

·         The goal set up for the 5-a-side football is causing concern to the resident living directly behind it.  Footballs have been kicked over the fence and it is feared that the greenhouse will be damaged.  Chairman to speak to Andy Durndell.

 

 

 

 

.5

 

 

Anti Social Behaviour

·         The Bus Shelter has been used as a toilet therefore it will be locked for a month.

·         Youths from outside the village have been causing concern by threatening and abusive behaviour.  Should any parishioner feel threatened or intimidated please call the police.

·         A car parked in College Crescent had the rear window smashed.

 

 

Action

DC

 

.7

 

 

The Glebe

·         A meeting is to be arranged with all parties to measure out the area in question.  Dates suggested were 21/22 April 2009.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.8

 

Land at Oxford Road

·         Matter is progressing.

 

Action

JM

 

.9

Ambulance Service Community Responders

·         This will be discussed at the Charities meeting on 11th May.  Item to be removed.

 

 

.10

Sewers

·         Ownership of the sewers has been established.  No further action.

 

 

 

.11

Plaque on the Seat outside School

·         Mrs Wanless to discuss this with her brother and notify the council of their decision.

 

Action

RF

 

 

.12

Milestone on Bicester Road

·         Chairman to speak to Kimber with a view to repairing this milestone.

·          

 

 

.13

Village Hall Sign

·         New signs have now been installed.

 

 

5

 

 

 

Affordable Housing

·         No completion date has been announced but some applicants have been contacted.

 

 

6

 

 

 

Jericho Farm

·         Discussions between Aylesbury Vale District Council Planning Officers and Mr Florent are in progress.

 

 

 

7

 

 

 

 

SID/Traffic Calming Measures

·         The result of the village survey was discussed.  15 out of 17 cars stopped for speeding by the police using a speed camera were residents of the village.  Oakley Traffic Action Group would like the Parish Council to investigate possible means of funding the Vehicle Activated Signs to be sited at the entrance to the village.

 

 

8

.1

 

 

Papers to note

  • AVDC:  Strengthening community relationships with adVAntage
  • BCC:  Transportation funding for Highway Maintenance works 2009/10

 

 

.2

 

Papers for circulation

  • AVDC:  The Bulletin
  • AVDC:  Planning notices
  • AVDC:  News for the parishes
  • Open Spaces Society – Open Space
  • SODC: South Oxford Core Strategy
  • AVDC:  Minor Amended Plans

 

9

 

.1

 

 

To note the following applications received:

(Decision made and to be noted from last meeting)

 

09/00183/APP

18 Worminghall Road  Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QY

Part two storey, part first floor rear extension

Decision:  No Objection

 

09/00220/APP

29 Manor Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QT

Single and two storey rear extensions, first floor side extension, new bay window to side, detached garage and alterations to existing access.

Decision:  No Objection

 

09/00244/APP

Manor Farm  Manor Road  Oakley  Buckinghamshire HP18 9QD

Conversion of traditional farm buildings to form 4 dwellings, demolition of existing agricultural buildings and erection of terrace of 5 dwellings.

Decision:  No Objection

 

 

 

.2

 

 

To note decisions made by AVDC on the following:

 

08/02971/APP

100 Bicester Road Oakley Buckinghamshire HP18 9QG

Erection of replacement dwelling

Decision:  Permit

 

09/00010/ALB

6 Oxford Road  Oakley  Buckinghamshire  HP18 9RE

Demolition of outbuildings, erection of two storey side extension and replacement garage.  Installation of replacement windows and chimney stacks and internal/external alterations.

Decision:  Permit

 

10

 

 

 

Accounts

The following accounts were approved for payment.   Proposed by D Cherry and seconded by  J Mole.

 

E-On – Street Lights

Buckinghamshire Association of Local Councils

Aylesbury Mains (Street lights)

AVDC: Dog hygiene bins

Society of Local Council Clerks

M Kingsnorth – Clerks wages

TOTAL

 

 

 

 

 

£115.38

£123.40

£361.75

£339.07

£72.00

£216.87

£1228.47

 

 

11

 

 

.1

 

 

Any Other Business

 

Footpath along Elmwood Close

The Parish Council have received a grant of £5000 towards the new footpath to be erected along the north side of Elmwood Close.

 

 

.2

Date for Annual General Meeting

The date of the Annual Parish Council  Meeting was set  for Tuesday 5th May commencing 7.00 pm in the Village Hall.  Invitations to be circulated at the earliest opportunity.

 

12

 

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 5th     May 2009 at immediately following the Annual Parish Meeting in the Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.00 pm

 

Comments